What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Ged any idea what this fly might be, saw two of them this morning first one came scurrying along the water towards the bank, after crawling up on the stones it opened its wings upright like a butterfly before folding them back down as in the photo. The second one seemed to be struggling to hatch at the surface but once it did it also swam to the bank.
Thought obviously a Sedge but can’t seem to find one like that. They were quite big probably an inch or so in length with a fat body.

cdc0ca55bdd323c4a314974b83ffa936.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bibio1st

Had a good evening on Danebridge fishery, somewhere I haven’t fished for about 8 years though walk past it when fishing the Wincle stretch of the Dane, no one one when I got there at 5pm and had the place to myself, small suzzy, shipmans and buzzers did the business and finished on 12 landed plus some lost, first fish was a tiger and had two browns also.

93469C40-41CF-4FC7-8648-CFB0544149F7.jpeg

8CCA1BE7-978F-456E-B2EC-703A9A478461.jpeg

Steve

buzzer1234

Certainly looks like sedge Tom. Not sure which one particularly going off photo. Well done with catching a couple. Perhaps a wet fly might have produced Tom, something like Green Peter, Mallard and Green, Teal and Green. Tweaked back with a bit of movement.

Thanks Ged if I see anymore I’ll try & get more detailed photos. Fish didn’t seem interested in them although they weren’t on the water long. Maybe in the evening when the female Sedges go to lay there eggs would be a good time.

Nice catch Steve B well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Well done Tom and Steve. Lovely looking trout those tigers. 🐅

Second cut on the privet hedge done.

Last edited:

black knight

Evening all
I'm still plagued with the garden shed. Vanita is painting it Muddy Clay colour. What she hadn't realized is that paint shows every imperfection in the wood. I've spent hours filling and sanding.
We went for an afternoon to Marton holiday village Blackpool. My grandson Jake's M in L has bought a holiday static £46,000 and wanted to show it off. The static is super but the site must have two hundred vans on it. It feels a bit like a crowed Blackpool beach.

Paul_B

New tyres required. loads of tread left but not too good on the wall. Cracking all the way round. Getting them done local.

Thats one of the problems we have on our caravan tyres, usually theres plenty of tread but the walls start to crack, however we find it good practice to change them at around five years cracks or not.

Paul_B

Tyres have the date they were made impressed into them,they have a use by date tread or no tread
As you say tyres have an embossed date stamp, 2821 would be the 28 week of 2021, as there is no use by date, we can only go on the tyres visible condition, plus as we cant see the inside of a tyre, its recommended on a caravan that they should be changed at around 5 years and never more than 7 years, however thats only a recommendation

glueman

As you say tyres have an embossed date stamp, 2821 would be the 28 week of 2021, as there is no use by date, we can only go on the tyres visible condition, plus as we cant see the inside of a tyre, its recommended on a caravan that they should be changed at around 5 years and never more than 7 years, however thats only a recommendation
The use by date on a tyre is at the most 10 years from manufacturing as after that they are dodgy

miabs

Afternoon all,
I visited the Calder near me the other evening for an hour or so, I hooked into a Grayling under a tree but it didn't stick. It rolled and rolled, came off and it did seem to be a decent fish. I moved down to another faster section and caught a brownie. It was a deep brown with grey and had dull red spots.

I wondered if water quality affects the colouring of the fish. I know when I had aquariums, getting the water chemistry correctly would show the fish off in better colours.

This trout 'looked' a miserable colour, no golden body.... and the river smelt of sewage as usual.

Still a onesie will do.

wobbly face

Hi Mark.
Well done with the onsie, shame about g not sticking. Yes, water quality and environment have an impact on trout colouration.
Had Morrison delivery this afternoon, arrived 20 minute early. (y)
On the fishing front, a report has gone in to PSCO over a poaching incident last month. Probably won't hear anything but it might give a kick to certain official departments. Also, a few years back the EA did a poaching round, no one about so the EA guy went to a local commercial fishery and booked 53 anglers for no license.
Right, my boiler is officially DEAD. That despite my efforts at resuscitation. The pcb board has gone. The boiler is only 15 years old, life expectancy for them is 10 to 15 years. Now considered no better than white goods. :mad: Found out I also need a new gas pipe fitted to meet regulations. It means lifting lounge, dining room and kitchen floor, pain in the butt.
On a plus, IT'S RAINING hear now. 🌧️(y)