What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

It must be a onesie day ;) Been in the garden all day so decided to have an evening session on Dingle, a few fish rising when I got there so on with a dry daddy, a few offers but no hookups, changed to a top hat buzzer a few offers again & one hooked but came off. Then they stopped rising so after a while changed to egg flies & had a one or two pulls then I hooked & landed one. Takes were hard to come by but at least I got out.!!

Well done with the onesie Mark, pity about the large Grayling.

black knight

Evening all
I've been finishing off the new shed and reorganizing tools gardening paraphernalia, bottles of feed and weed killer. I wonder what my next garden project will be ?
My son Steve and mate Dave Vose went to Kinsley Park fishery It was baking hot but they manage a dozen each. The lakes at Kinsley are stuffed with fish once you find what they're taking it's like shelling peas.

Paul_B

Evening all
I've been finishing off the new shed and reorganizing tools gardening paraphernalia, bottles of feed and weed killer. I wonder what my next garden project will be ?
My son Steve and mate Dave Vose went to Kinsley Park fishery It was baking hot but they manage a dozen each. The lakes at Kinsley are stuffed with fish once you find what they're taking it's like shelling peas.

We get half of our trout from Kilnsey fishery the rest come from Swinton fishery 🎣

As the mrs is going in today for her last lot of chemo I might get to go fishing again this week, then its up to Birmingham hospital to finish the job, :)

buzzer1234

All the best for your Mrs Paul.

Hard luck Steve it’s called the dog days of summer!!

Been in town this morning Costa Coffee & toast then bit of shopping & a stroll around the market stalls.
On way home called at a garden centre for a new pot & some plants. They wouldn’t accept my £50 voucher as it was not one that do so had to pay cash, so more plant shopping at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been some sunshine and then late some cloud. It's been warm.
Hope all goes well for both you and your wife Paul. (y)
Had a busy day, warm with it. Decided to fit 2 new radiators, only the one ready for a fill of water. Not even taken the second old radiator out. Ended removing furniture, cutting carpet and hacking floor boards. What a headache. 😖
Unlucky with the fishing SteveN, but at least you had some action. :)

Paul_B

All the best for your Mrs Paul.

Hard luck Steve it’s called the dog days of summer!!

Been in town this morning Costa Coffee & toast then bit of shopping & a stroll around the market stalls.
On way home called at a garden centre for a new pot & some plants. They wouldn’t accept my £50 voucher as it was not one that do so had to pay cash, so more plant shopping at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fishing tomorrow and going for plants on the way home 😀

bibio1st

I hope things work out for your wife Paul, good luck with the fishing tomorrow.

You had interest Steve so it’s a better form of blanking (y)

Well I over indulged in some bad buffet while watching the England match, MrsB went out to Burger King and got the order mixed up, instead of one burger for me two came back, a single and a double, so made a triple and ditched the extra bun, didn’t think I’d finish it but did:eek:, so half an hour after the game finished I went on a bike ride, on route decided to do 10 miles for each burger, by the time I was home I’d done 33.5 miles, a bit extra for the bread roll, got back before the end of normal time in the Sweden game.

Steve

Last edited:

miabs

I hope things work out for your wife Paul, good luck with the fishing tomorrow.

You had interest Steve so it’s a better form of blanking (y)

Well I over indulged in some bad buffet while watching the England match, MrsB went out to Burger King and got the order mixed up, instead of one burger for me two came back, a single and a double, so made a triple and ditched the extra bun, didn’t think I’d finish it but did:eek:, so half an hour after the game finished I went on a bike ride, on route decided to do 10 miles for each burger, by the time I was home I’d done 33.5 miles, a bit extra for the bread roll, got back before the end of normal time in the Sweden game.

Steve
My kind of bike ride Steve. I rode to the coast on Sunday with energy gels, fuelled half way by sausage on toast , then a 99 Flake ice cream at Southport.
Then energy gels again with flapjack to get me back to Blackburn.

bibio1st

Not done the energy gels, but usually take some homemade flapjack for a half way boost, put nuts dried fruit and a 6 seed mix in also, perhaps I should take more, tonight I just wanted work off what I’d put in :rolleyes:

Steve

miabs

Not done the energy gels, but usually take some homemade flapjack for a half way boost, put nuts dried fruit and a 6 seed mix in also, perhaps I should take more, tonight I just wanted work off what I’d put in :rolleyes:

Steve
Sometimes I use a flapjack recipe from a cycling site. The gels are good, I don't use the liquid ones as they're messy but the shot blok gel cubes are really good and easy to consume whilst riding with no mess.

Novice

Sometimes I use a flapjack recipe from a cycling site. The gels are good, I don't use the liquid ones as they're messy but the shot blok gel cubes are really good and easy to consume whilst riding with no mess.
What wrong with a good old jam butty. I did miles on a Jam Butty when I was a vegetarian.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Quite cloudy with a cool breeze this morning.
Eeee, jam butties what most kids in my day use to survive on for a day out walking, fishing, cycling or plain messing about. That's why most of my mates now have false teeth, high cholesterol and large bellies (or is that down to beer?).

Paul_B

I didn't go fishing as I had a poor nights sleep (could have been the beer), anyway the wind was all over the place when I woke up around 5ish, predominantly from the north which isn't too good for our res.

I've decided I'm going to do a bit in the garden and have a nap later, my welsh neighbour says we have to celebrate the England win with a few beers this afternoon, I told him that I'm not interested in football, he said he's not either but its an excuse, plus he's not driving for 4 days :unsure:

Latest posts