What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

banjo298

Got up this morning to an ever so slightly damp pavement, it must have had an overnight shower. The river gauge normally at about 0.4 for this time of year has been down at 0.08 for weeks. However there must have been some rain upstream in the hills as this morning it had risen to 0.085!

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey and quite a bit cooler. Last night there wasn't even a breath of a breeze and not much more rain.
Big decision, do I got out and try and get some mortar???? :unsure: Wickes have some but it's market day in Bury and with road works, I don't fancy the drive over. B&Q don't have any local.

wobbly face

Well I went for some mortar, local DIY store. Walked it there and took my rucksack to put it in. Decided to take lightweight rain jacket, just as well as nearly home it peed it down. Had to change my shorts though. It's been raining since with some heavy downpours, thunder and lightening thrown in at times. Hopefully doing the gardens some good, filling up the water butts, rivers and stillwaters. It has stopped me building the front step. :D

Novice

Well no rain here. Cloudy with sunny intervals. I could have gone fishing. I bet if I had it would have rained. 💦

black knight

Had the most horrendous thunder storm with a flash and bang above the house. My D in L rang to see if I was ok as the lightening had knocked out her electrics. How does it do that? It rained solidly all afternoon and I had to walk into town as I had a haircut booked, the second in eighteen months. All this heavy rain must have helped the rivers?
Vanita was out shopping today with friends bashing "the Plastic".

Novice

Heavy drizzle here today and breezy with it. My new boots have been picked awaiting dispatch. Hopefully my waders should be back soon too.
My river ( well not my river but one I fish) is up and rising. Should give it a good flush. I hope I can get out next week to try my new boots and waders not forgetting my new net too. 😃😃😃

black knight

Another great grandson born today, a 9lb 8oz boy called Eli, that makes 14 so far. Another is due at Christmas.
My son Alban went to look at David Dunn's house today which is on the market. He is totally besotted by it but hasn't got the funds to buy it until September. Six other people are viewing it tomorrow it will be sold before he can commit to purchase.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
A bit damp and breezy this morning. Still no significant rise in river levels, but at least it's cooler for the fish.
Just filled in an online survey fishing related, no prizes though. :rolleyes:

Novice

It’s been a wet morning so far and very still so the rain is going no where. River came up over night and is now dropping.
Sainsburys shop done. Shelves looking empty and no oven bags. Bananas looked awful. sciatica woes continue. Joan is suffering. Exercises given by phone call made things worse. Awaiting results from tests. She was given pills but on reading the info they could effect pressure in the eyes which is the last thing she needs so decided not to take them.

No sign of boots or waders yet. Mind you I won’t need them for a while.

Last edited:

black knight

Evening all
Plenty of rain here today. The next door neighbour had three crates of Indian stone flags delivered. He was struggling on his own so I spent the morning giving him a hand to move some. The wife bought a wedding frock yesterday and took it back this morning. She bought some shoes and when she got home the shop had given her the wrong colour and design.

buzzer1234

Another damp day, shopping in town this morning then watched Hazel’s sisters husband funeral on line from Kent.
This afternoon a visit to the tip to take the old mattress from the little front bedroom that I have decorated along with the head board & pillows.
Fixed new headboard & put up new curtains & vacuumed the carpet & cleaned the window, we just have to put new bedding on at some point.

A trip to Bury market in the morning to buy some large plate pies, they were closed when we went a couple of weeks ago as they were on holiday.

Congratulations Alban on your new great grandson quite a whopper!!

bibio1st

Tom, have you tried the pies from Handley’s of Chorley, very nice, they do plate pie size also.

Certainly a change in the weather from last week, the rain is badly needed, just not quite falling in the right area for my rivers.

Steve