What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

New boots arrived with four pairs of extra soles. Should see me out. Waders have come back too. I am going to query the sock repair though. They may not leak but nothing has been done about the external ware on the sock. I thought they would put some tape over the hole at least.
A0D2DFAA-2A3B-4EFD-A7ED-885DAFBA0A6C.jpeg

Last edited:

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been a nice sunny day and very pleasant fishing the brook under the trees. :cool:(y)
Unfortunately, the water in the brook was very coloured but it didn't stop me or the brother in law from catching. We both fished duo though he fished more bombastic style. :LOL: I did give him most of the best water I settled on thinner, ripple and tight casting water. We had to contend with ignorant dog walkers to start with who could see we were fishing but still chucked balls and allowed their dogs in the water. Luckily the fish are use to this and soon settled. Brother in law started on a cracker, he had 5 from his first pool with his best fish of the day 12 inch (1lb). I only managed 2 on my nymph but missed 2 offers to my dry. Anyway, 2 others fishing but don't know how they got on. Brother in law finished with 11 fish, only 1 to his dry. I finished with 10, 4 to the dry with my last being best of the day, 15 inch but a bit lean.
Daughter second vaccinated and it's now absolutely peeing down. 🌧️🌧️⛈️
Hope you enjoy the new boots SteveN. 🥾🥾 Well done saving the blank ONSIE again. 🎣 :)

wobbly face

I had my vid camera with me today, even charged the battery up specially, just couldn't be bothered to turn it on. Mind you, who wants to look at a brook the colour of milky tea?

buzzer1234

Well done with the onesie trout Steve, the chub must have been hiding.

Well done on the river Ged & B.I.L.

I washed & polished the car this afternoon as it was fine no rain until later in the afternoon but only amounted to a few spits & spots. Looking a bit dark at the moment though.

Visit to Hazel’s dad tomorrow, pick up a single mattress & a bird bath ornament, hopefully get back before the rain.

Novice

Phoned dad tonight. They are pumping him full of antibiotics. He is eating at last. They have found a shadow in his stomach which needs another scan. He sounded ok though.

Last edited:

black knight

Well done Ged and B-in L and Steve N.
Had a doctor appointment at hospital about a suspicious ulcer on the side of my tongue. They took a biopsy over two months ago and officially told me today it was benign. Fortunately, I obtained the information through my GP practice weeks ago. What is happening to our NHS?

Novice

Got a reply about the waders from DD. Not much help except they are very busy and cannot remember my waders even though he has pictures of before and after. I have sorted it myself. Hope they do not leak.

Just tried the new boots with the waders. They fit. Not as loose as the socks but not tight so they are good to go. 👍

Last edited:

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Nice and bright but breezy so far.
I do all my own wader repairs now SteveN, was disappointed in DD copious amount of glue used last time he did a repair and it had gone all over the place. I even had to rub talcum powder on the glue as it was still sticky.
Good news about the ulcer for you Alban.
Got a couple of flies to replace, 2 lost to tree trout :eek: another battered. :)

Novice

Ged the waders were easy to get on. No sticky glue. They had already been Talced. They actually went on easier than normal. I know what you mean though.

miabs

Morning all, hope you are all well.
I visited the Calder on one of Club Stretches a couple of evenings ago, for just over an hour before sunset. It had been a warm day, but was a good time to fish even though time was short.

I found below a fast section that my point fly had snagged on a weed/ rock. Whilst unsnagging , my two other nymphs were held in position in the water. A grayling took one of the nymphs as the point fly unsnagged. a nice fish at around 30cm landed. Then not long after i had a hard fighting Brownie in the same pool , again around 30cm landed. A good evening on the french leader with a 3 nymph set up and my Nymphmaniac Rod doing a great job.

wobbly face

Excellent Mark. 🎣
I've had similar, point fly got snagged and a fish takes the dropper.
My brother in law yesterday was fishing a pool and allowed his flies to swing round to the tail, whilst the line held in the water, his nymph rose to the surface and a trout had a go at it. He missed it but then deliberately cast to do the same, trout came up to the nymph a second time, he missed it again and then a third time. It didn't do a fourth. :)

Novice

Well I never expected that. Rang to activate physio appointments for Joan. We thought there would be a long wait. No, tomorrow at 10:30am. 👍👍👍

Novice

So much for the forecast. Not much rain here. Could do with some for the garden.
Spoke too soon. 💧☔️🌧🌧

Last edited:

buzzer1234

Well done with the trout & Grayling Mark.🎣🎣

The rain that was forecast never materialised here, just a few very light showers.

How is your dad doing Steve N.? Pleased Joan got an appointment so soon, when I had physio on my shoulder I was sent to a private practice through the nhs & I didn’t have to wait long.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Wet with a gentle breeze so far this morning. 🌧️
Got to search for a new energy tariff. They don't make it easy!!! :rolleyes: How many kilowatts of gas do you use? How many kilowatts of electricity do you use? Okay, can be worked out but ....... is that imperial or metric????? :unsure: How much do you spend each month on gas and electricity? That's individually, not together. I know how much combined but I can't find individual costs with my present supplier. My present supplier has 5 different tariffs, which do I choose? I have to go on each tariff to find out costs. Why not just a chart with all tariffs in comparison? My head hurts. 🥴