What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Joan is still in lots of pain. The knee band helps but and she an stand a bit. if she sits for more than 10 minutes she is in a lot of pain. If she stands too long she is in pain. She just cannot get any relief.

chesscar

Morning guys.
Grey and wet, well damp with heavier rain thrown in so far. Not much of a breeze.
I'm not looking forward to this weekend! My mother wants me to take her to a cousin tomorrow after/evening. Found out last night after hearing some loud music that it's "Manchester Park Life". They were sound system testing last night. I'm some 4 miles from the park but if the breeze/wind is in the wrong direction, then there is all the traffic which will definitely impact me taking my mother. :eek: Traffic can be bad enough at the best of time. :(
You get park life? Jammy so and so…get the bbq on, and sell tickets for the garden. We had Tom Jones at the racecourse the other week…lucky we were away😁😁

wobbly face

You get park life? Jammy so and so…get the bbq on, and sell tickets for the garden. We had Tom Jones at the racecourse the other week…lucky we were away😁😁
So you didn't volunteer to pick up all those old knickers that got thrown at him!!! :eek: 😂
Sorry Joan still in pain SteveN. Nothing worse than not being able to get comfortable due to pain.

buzzer1234

Sorry to hear Joan is still in pain Steve, it must be very difficult for both of you. 🙏🏼

Hope Agnes soon recovers from having her big toe nails removed, must be quite painful.

Looking good for a session on Dingle tomorrow. 🎣

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Very grey this morning and a breeze has picked up in the last hour or so, still warm.
Hope everyone feeling good or better than of late.
Completed the fly tying I had to do 🪰.
Might have a go at sealing waders, seam in neoprene sock leaking. I've also ordered new waders for b-i-l, Snowbee (hope quality is better than other stuff I've had from Snowbee), gone for size: large, wide girth and short leg. Comes in 52 inch chest and 32 inch inside seam (crotch to floor). Didn't state foot size so hoping not too big! :unsure:

Vintage Badger

Morning guys.
Very grey this morning and a breeze has picked up in the last hour or so, still warm.
Hope everyone feeling good or better than of late.
Completed the fly tying I had to do 🪰.
Might have a go at sealing waders, seam in neoprene sock leaking. I've also ordered new waders for b-i-l, Snowbee (hope quality is better than other stuff I've had from Snowbee), gone for size: large, wide girth and short leg. Comes in 52 inch chest and 32 inch inside seam (crotch to floor). Didn't state foot size so hoping not too big! :unsure:
I've had a few things from Snowbee, including an XS Pro mesh type fishing waistcoat and an XS LP floating line, both of which are over 10 years old and are still in perfectly usable condition, so perhaps you've just been unlucky?

wobbly face

I've had a few things from Snowbee, including an XS Pro mesh type fishing waistcoat and an XS LP floating line, both of which are over 10 years old and are still in perfectly usable condition, so perhaps you've just been unlucky?
Err, no. Had a fly rod that one section use to come away. Found resin had run inside the feral.
Got slingpack, the stitching on the shoulder strap all frayed, had to get wife to sew material over it. Also got their Geo fly vest, zips caught on stitching and jammed, metal zippers also broke/snapped. Also, stitching round pockets came away and frayed, took pockets off. I should have sent it back as less than 12 months old but I was too mad. :mad::mad::mad: The slingpack didn't last much longer. I too had a fly line that was great and also their tippet material, before they changed it which wasn't as good. :(

Mending of waders going well, so far anyway. :whistle:

Novice

I have had a pair of Snowbee Prestige wader. Not sure how old they are but going on 10 years. Ok had leaks but they all leak. I like the material they are made of.
I have a Snowbee wading jacket which apart from the mesh lining needing a bit of TLC has been fine.

Last edited:

Paul_B

I've put the leader onto my maxcatch sink tip this morning and squirted all the brassicas with neem oil to get rid of the whitefly, I've had a shower but I can still smell it on me 😳

theres no flies on me 🥳

The sister in law has come to brighten the mrs day by comparing ailments, she has bad rheumatoid arthritis, but sees the bright side of everything :)

buzzer1234

Evening guys,
Spent the morning on Dingle, much more wind than I was expecting & guess where the fish were, wind coming from a 2 o’clock direction so made casting difficult, fortunately they were close in, unfortunately I was using rubber hooks, the first 4 fish I hooked & played all came off, one snapped me the others the hook pulled out, managed to land the 5th one, it took a small pinfry lurehe 6th one came off.
It went quiet so moved over to the windward side & caught one more to an egg fly which I landed before packing up. A frustrating day but plenty of sport.

Snowbee lines used to be good but the last one I bought a thistle down unfortunately didn’t last long it was a good caster & landed delicately but the coating was far too soft.

bibio1st

Battled my way up a small river this afternoon, had a few grayling which were mostly on the small side but had 4 browns which made my day, one took the klink.

638A6907-EA01-4D64-AB50-0CAB534B25F9.jpeg

D2040571-6B00-403A-8664-BDF328146007.jpeg

79C0EC50-C170-45CF-8555-649FB7EE1128.jpeg

164B0B95-80A9-47FD-99D1-0C5480914645.jpeg

Steve

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey starts again though the sun did try to make an appearance, very little breeze and a bit cooler. (y)
Well, didn't hear anything from "Manchester Park Life". Roads not too bad either, though people going to the festival had a long queue, some 80,000 and same for today.
Just put last dab of seam seal on waders where I repaired them, once dry they'll be put away and only tested on their next outing, b-i-l may get wet feet again. :whistle:

Well done with the fishing yesterday Tom and Steve b. 🎣🎣

Vintage Badger

Err, no. Had a fly rod that one section use to come away. Found resin had run inside the feral.
Got slingpack, the stitching on the shoulder strap all frayed, had to get wife to sew material over it. Also got their Geo fly vest, zips caught on stitching and jammed, metal zippers also broke/snapped. Also, stitching round pockets came away and frayed, took pockets off. I should have sent it back as less than 12 months old but I was too mad. :mad::mad::mad: The slingpack didn't last much longer. I too had a fly line that was great and also their tippet material, before they changed it which wasn't as good. :(

Mending of waders going well, so far anyway. :whistle:
How long ago did you buy them? My waistcoat and line are both from around 2008 so perhaps quality control has slipped in more recent years? The line has been regularly cleaned and treated (when used - it spent about 10 years unused in a cupboard too) with the line preserver that came with it though, so maybe that's helped.

The only thing I've bought from them recently (this year) was a folding telescopic landing net. I wasn't happy with the fairly wide mesh of the net bag (which seemed to snag on everything including a door handle in the house when I walked past it!) and also thought it was too deep, so I swapped the net bag for one with small mesh. Other than that, it seems well-made, with a metal net locking and hinge system (most are plastic in that price range) and the flip up action works nicely after a bit of a tweak to adjust the tension on the arm bolts (a common issue with the flip-up type nets I tried, which tend be a bit stiff when new). So no real complaints there, considering no one else made anything I liked in terms of size (particularly when folded), design and build-quality in that price range. Anyway, I hope your BiL's waders are OK. (y)