What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

I seem to make as many lures as I did flies. Another 2 ready for the last week of Trout.
38C28839-DDCF-46DA-A1E8-E4B25C43FCBA.jpeg
CF36FF9B-8954-4987-8013-CA3DCD9C1D2A.jpeg

bibio1st

I keep it simple, 1 reel, 2 spools, one with a long French leader for the long rod, the other with a 3wt fly line, it has a braided loop on the end so I can attach a furled leader for dry fly, a shorter FL for my 7ft rod, another leader for klink and dink and last of all another for small streamer work.

Steve

Paul_B

Hi lads
Had my my flu vacs today and next week could be the Corvid booster jab.
Well done Steve N hard luck Tom.

I'm going to check on our flu jabs this week, I'll start phoning today to try to get something other than an engaged tone.

The hospital (Birmingham) gave us the all clear for the mrs to get up and walk again, this will take a while and will be with the aid of physiotherapists as her muscle will be poor after 6 months laid on her back.
He said to take it easy and to use a wheelchair for anything other than walking around the house for quite a while as her bone density will be like someone whos been in space for a while.

We've to go back in a couple of months to check on how her wrist is progressing.

Novice

Washing done and hung out to dry. Joan is making some chicken barley soup. I will take some for my dad.
I have been busy emptying the big planter ready for new compost in the spring. Strawberries potted up in fresh compost to over winter. My back started hurting so after spreading the old compost as a mulch on the garden gave up. Having a nice cup of tea.☕️☕️☕️

buzzer1234

A long haul for your wife Paul but looking like things are improving, best wishes to you both.

Went to Dingle again this morning, signed in at 8 am walked to the far end first cast fish on & landed second cast fish on & landed the same on my third cast, nothing on my 4th cast but bumped a fish on my 5th cast, thought at this rate I’ll be off the water by 9am as you are only allowed to land 10 fish in a day then have to leave the water, but things went downhill from there takes dried up & didn’t have any interest for an hour, was thinking of leaving & going up to Pis. set off back along the bank & saw a few fish topping near the cabin so stopped to have a go.
I missed one then hooked one which weeded me & came off then caught another all nice fish up to 4 lb. missed a few more takes & packed up at lunchtime so not a bad morning.

Not heard anything yet about flu jabs for this winter but they are usually given in October at our surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Evening guys.
The day started cloudy with just a hint/odd spot of wet stuff, soon cleared and blue skies and sunshine but a strong breeze.
Glad things are improving your wife Paul. (y)
Mrs wobbly face went to see practice nurse (can't be fully trained if practicing :eek:), everything okay but they got her with the flue jab. :ROFLMAO:💉
Well done Tom. 🎣.
Went fishing with b-i-l, got there, setting up he said "we'll have a comp today, who ever catches most grayling wins". Just so happened, I'd left all my fly boxes in the loft. :mad::eek::cry:😞😮 So, b-i-l gave 2 of my CDC dries, a Griffith gnat and gold bead hares ear I'd tied for him. I fished just a single CDC dry. It wasn't easy as had a strong gusty breeze and down stream but I managed to get turn over most of the time. Anyway to the fishing. He didn't blank, he saved the day with a minnow, yes a minnow on a nymph. Me, lets just say I won the comp. 🤗🏆 10 grayling later. Nothing else mind, no sign of trout. Did see some chublets. Good sightings of kingfishers. (y)

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Sunshine and a bit of wispy cloud, light breeze and quite pleasant out there.
Got some grey nymphs to tie up for the b-i-l, said he doesn't have any. I'm certain I tied him load up.
Yesterday (which I didn't mention in my post), we witnessed an usual hatch of a terrestrial kind. Only saw two and as I was stood in the river fishing I didn't have camera of phone at the ready. The first I only saw it's head above a wall, the second was a bit higher. I had nothing to match the hatch and neither did the b-i-l!! Army Apache type helicopters. I thought they were going to land in the field behind me but they gained height and went off.