What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

country_est

Going to the static this morning for a few days hoping to catch up with Trevor for a fishing trip to Langley Dam.
Noel,
Am down in Basingstoke this week, should be back on Wednesday. Maybe able to do Friday if you still at the static then

Sent from my Nokia 5.4 using Tapatalk

country_est

[QUOTE="
Anyone use an e-reader, if so which one and why????? I know Kindle and Kobo do them but which is the better format?[/QUOTE]

Ged
Me and the Mrs use a kindle, the paperwhite version as it can be read in bright sunlight as well as any other light.
I only use mine when on holiday, but the Mrs uses hers extensively. She downloads quite a few books from Amazon in the 99p range as well as other full price books

wobbly face

Have you or your wife tried borrowing from local library? I know you need Borrowbox but can't find out which e-reader is best. You also need Adobe Digital Editions on a PC, download to PC then transfer to e-reader. Bit of messing as thought a direct download to e-reader would exist.
Kobo does most formats but not Amazon format. Kindle does Amazon but only a few others.

banjo298

Have you or your wife tried borrowing from local library? I know you need Borrowbox but can't find out which e-reader is best. You also need Adobe Digital Editions on a PC, download to PC then transfer to e-reader. Bit of messing as thought a direct download to e-reader would exist.
Kobo does most formats but not Amazon format. Kindle does Amazon but only a few others.
I just use BorrowBox on my iPad with my local library. No problems, works well!

Novice

Got a new friend in the green house. A little gem.😇

4A8A0FD3-E7F2-4FE6-AC67-3AF461D2EC73.jpeg

noel

Morning all , started raining here at 06.00 just fining up now not complaining we need the rain .
Checked my photos 2018 the reservoir was almost empty 2019 ok , 2020 the pandemic 2021 it was emptied again for maintenance. Not bad 1 good season in 4 , can't remember the last time I used a boat .

noel

Been for a run out with Agnes to Tunstall and it may have risen by 2" if we are lucky , it will take months of constant rain to refill .

wobbly face

Morning guys.
After a misty/foggy start, it's now very bright sunshine. ☀️
Got Morrisons delivery early afternoon. Need to sort the car out for tomorrow, got a door to fit on the cabin, 🚪I could put the fishing gear in 🎣 but don't how long the door will take. :unsure:

Novice

Lovely morning here. Got chores to do today. Would love to go fishing before the weather breaks but I still need to help Joan get out of bed so an early start is out of the question. May be able to get out later tomorrow.

country_est

Ged,
The kindle only does the Amazon books as you can't install any apps on them.

We also have the Fire range of tablet (also from Amazon) but as it is Android based it can down load apps and read the borrow box stuff, and I use Tapatalk on it for the forums as well as FB and chrome browser.

I use that in the house now more than I use my laptop.

Trev

Paul_B

We've the physiotherapy nurse and a occupational therapist coming at some point today so I'm in all day.
However, theres a rumour that someone from social services could be able to sit with the mrs for a few hours tomorrow so I can go fishing for a while :)

If so I'll be able to try my new maxcatch lines, if I can remember how to thread the rod 🤔

wobbly face

Mrs face ....... :rolleyes:
Morrisons was early which was no bad thing, took my mother's shopping down to her so had to have a natter. Back home...... sorted car with tools for tomorrow then ...............Mrs face says "will you cut the lawns?" I only said at weekend I'll do mow the lawns but she said they don't need doing. Anyway, lawns had their hair cut but in doing so, the lawn edge trimmers broke ..... again. Quick mend to finish off but will need new ones before next growing season.

Ged,
The kindle only does the Amazon books as you can't install any apps on them.

We also have the Fire range of tablet (also from Amazon) but as it is Android based it can down load apps and read the borrow box stuff, and I use Tapatalk on it for the forums as well as FB and chrome browser.

I use that in the house now more than I use my laptop.

Trev

Trev, I've gone and ordered a Kobo. Will need to use Adobe Digital Edition and calibre on PC to use any Amazon e-books but I have the Kindle app on my PC and tablet. Cheers for the info. (y)

noel

From Riches to Rags
The multi-million deal to buy my son's company has fallen through at the eleventh hour. That means no million plus house, holiday home, new car or exotic holidays next year. Life can be tough.:cry::cry::cry:o_Oo_Oo_O
We had the same with our son 2 weeks ago Alban .