What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been a cooler day today, sun eventually broke through 🌥️.
Bit breezy up at PIS and 2 degrees cooler than it was at home. No, I wasn't fishing and didn't take any gear, the brother - in -law didn't either. Managed to fit new door on the cabin but struggled with the lock, got there just before 10:00 and left just after 18:00. One guy turned up and fished, he never had touch. Results over the weekend, one person caught 2, another just 1, quite a few blanks. Water's well down but net yet in the mud.
Got car in tomorrow for it's second service 🚙🔧, not done 4,000 miles yet. 😲

Well done chubby SteveN. 🎣 :D

wobbly face

Ged I have done more than that since December.
I did just over 2,100 last year Noel in 12 months of having the car, been nowhere these last 12.
Before I retired I was doing just over 4,000. When I had to drive to work I was doing over 15,000 per year. I certainly don't miss the driving to and from work and I'm not missing work. But due to covid, I've not been on many adventures, even fishing related ones. We were suppose to be having a fishing comp at PIS, but with the cabin having been out and still having too high covid rates it's been knocked on the head.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Cloudy but warm, keeps trying to drizzle, well actually does. 🌧️ Not much breeze.
Car taken in for service, I know they are working on it as the car sent my phone a message about doors not being locked and it's still at the garage so not been nicked. :)
Fresh hooks and new leaders arrived and the Kobo e-reader for Mrs face's birthday next month. The Kobo is very light, already setup to the wifi and account created to Kobo, just giving it a charge up before putting it away. Batteries being charged for power tools and I'm going to do more fly tying for the stillwaters. BUSY. :D

Paul_B

I tried the maxcatch big nasty fly line and it was ok, lays flat and casts well, I also tried the maxcatch slow sink tip, it sinks reasonably fast rather than slow, however it is much nicer to work with than their fast sink tip (y)

They're giving me another day off in a fortnight so expect thunder and storms a week on Tuesday ☔

buzzer1234

Another session on Dingle today slight breeze when I started but got up quite strong later, always amazes me how much more windy it is up there, anyway the fishing was good, started in the far corner casting with the wind behind me but nothing doing so moved to the other side & fished into the wind, that’s where the fish were, hooked & landed 5 & lost two plus lots of pulls, but as the morning got brighter the takes dried up.
It started raining about 9.30 so decided to walk back to the cabin & call it a day, all fish taken on my egg flies.

Novice

It’s been a nice sunny warm day up here. Lawns and hedges cut. Going to make some more lures as I like the slow sink versions better for the river. Joan got out of bed unaided this morning. She said it hurt but it never made things worse. Hopefully she will recover enough to go to a couple of concerts she booked 2 years ago.
I am hoping she can get up on her own one day next week as I want an early dart to the lakes.

Last edited:

Paul_B

It’s been a nice sunny warm day up here. Lawns and hedges cut. Going to make some more lures as I like the slow sink versions better for the river. Joan got out of bed unaided this morning. She said it hurt but it never made things worse. Hopefully she will recover enough to go to a couple of concerts she booked 2 years ago.
I bam hoping she can get up on her own one day next week as I want an early dart to the lakes.

The mrs has stood up again today too, she has the help of a sack barrow type of gadget and a couple of physiotherapists, its really hard work for her after 6 months layed flat but she did it and today she did it 3 times, more tomorrow (y)

Novice

My energy supplier has gone bust. Now got to wait to see who they switch me to then try and find a better deal if there will be one at this time. If anyone thinks this is not part of brexit you are wrong.

wobbly face

Great news for the ladies Paul and SteveN. (y)
Got the car back 🚙🔧. Dash cams fitted, front and rear just need to find out how to use them! :unsure:
Car was also washed and tyres done, look like new again. (y)
Energy prices, I wonder of the workers are getting a 250% pay rise!!!! Absolutely disgusting. :mad:
By the way, local butchers don't use CO2, their supplies haven't been reduced.(y)

noel

My energy supplier has gone bust. Now got to wait to see who they switch me to then try and find a better deal if there will be one at this time. If anyone thinks this is not part of brexit you are wrong.
We have never switched in 10 years and we are getting a £150 refund before Xmas . SSE .

Novice

Just done some energy comparisons and it is scary. some sites not excepting comparisons at the moment. Looking at 60% monthly increase

Latest posts