What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

bibio1st

I had a lucky escape with one of the ones that went bust today, last week I found out that green energy had taken £125 out of my bank account, look after my bills. com had given them my details and they emailed me a couple of months ago saying they would be supplying my energy and had set up a DD with my bank and payments would start this month, I emailed them back and told them no and I was still in a contract with another supplier, got an email back saying they would cancel the DD, they hadn't, fortunatly the money was back in my account yesterday.
I have unsubscribed with the look after my bills company also.

Steve

wobbly face

Just found out I'm one the many needing a new energy supplier. :mad:
List of energy firms folded recently

If an energy firm collapses, customers are automatically switched to a tariff provided by the new supplier. This is a payment plan agreed with the regulator Ofgem, but it may well be more expensive than the deal they had with the former company which went bust.
Customers are advised to not try and switch to a new supplier until they are contacted by whoever Ofgem appoints to take over their account.
Ofgem boss Jonathan Brearley, warned earlier more customers would be affected.
"We've already seen hundreds of thousands of customers affected, that may well go well above that. It's very hard for me to put a figure on it."
Appearing before the cross-party Business Committee on Wednesday, he declined to say if the number of customers that would eventually need new suppliers could run into "millions".

Novice

I feel your pain Ged. Just a waiting game now to see who you end up with. I was with Avro. Put a meter reading in this morning now the site is down.

bibio1st

That's a bummer Ged, looking at that list Green Energy isn't mentioned but a different Green Supplier, I've got my money back which is a bonus anyway.
I've been with So Energy for a couple of years and fixed through to next May, hopefully they ride it out.

Steve

wobbly face

I feel your pain Ged. Just a waiting game now to see who you end up with. I was with Avro. Put a meter reading in this morning now the site is down.
Just hope it's not Scottish Power. :mad: I switched to Avro from them as they totally cukup everything.
Can't get on Avro website to get to my account, they owe me some money.
C.A advise:
  • While you wait to hear from your new supplier: check your current balance and - if possible - download any bills; take a photo of your meter reading

Novice

Just hope it's not Scottish Power. :mad: I switched to Avro from them as they totally cukup everything.
Can't get on Avro website to get to my account, they owe me some money.
C.A advise:
  • While you wait to hear from your new supplier: check your current balance and - if possible - download any bills; take a photo of your meter reading
Same for me Ged. Who is C.A.

wobbly face

C.A: Citizens Advice.
Advice is to just sit tight and don't do anything until Ofgem changes you to a different supplier. Don't cancel any payments or try to switch. It will cost more unfortunately.

banjo298

Regarding fishing, mojo gone. Last time I went was in early July.

Regarding energy, my supplier also has gone bust. ofgem have switched me back to British Gas the supplier I left back in March!

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Very windy, grey and damp, a lot cooler too. 🌧️ 🌬️
No idea what's happening here Earl, at least you've been switched. What you need to know, "can you switch to another supplier now as you've not actually agreed a contract with British Gas so shouldn't be charged with any early opt out clause".
Going to try and connect to my dash cam. :eek: A few things I need to look up first, app already on my phone and tablet.

Novice

Typical. I have ordered a new phone which has not arrived yet and my old on has just packed in. I have had it 11 years and it has been pretty good. But the other day it got really hot and since then it has packed in. So I will have no phone for a few days. The only other phone I have is an old iPhone but it is locked to Vodafone so my sim will not work in it.

It is looking like the battery has failed. Getting a new one will be next to impossible and they are not strictly replaceable.

Last edited:

buzzer1234

I’m with OctopusEnergy they claim to be 5% less than the big energy suppliers.
If you have a smart smeg 2 meter you can go on their go faster plan for electric which gives you 4 hours of cheap electric at 5 p per kWh. Mine starts at 8.30 pm. To 12.30 so I can charge the car put the washing machine / dish washer on, have a shower all at 5 p kWh.
Here are the gas prices.
A788CFEC-D8ED-4A5B-8126-8A67AF1FE6D8.jpeg

If anyone is thinking of changing to OctopusEnergy I have a referral link which will give £100 split between yourself & me £50 each.

https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-sky-956

Novice

I’m with OctopusEnergy they claim to be 5% less than the big energy suppliers.
If you have a smart smeg 2 meter you can go on their go faster plan for electric which gives you 4 hours of cheap electric at 5 p per kWh. Mine starts at 8.30 pm. To 12.30 so I can charge the car put the washing machine / dish washer on, have a shower all at 5 p kWh.
Here are the gas prices.
View attachment 43743

If anyone is thinking of changing to OctopusEnergy I have a referral link which will give £100 split between yourself & me £50 each.

https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-sky-956
Got a quote from them Tom but advice is not to switch until you get a new allocated supplier. I will definitely keep this in mind.

Last edited:

Paul_B

Typical. I have ordered a new phone which has not arrived yet and my old on has just packed in. I have had it 11 years and it has been pretty good. But the other day it got really hot and since then it has packed in. So I will have no phone for a few days. The only other phone I have is an old iPhone but it is locked to Vodafone so my sim will not work in it.

It is looking like the battery has failed. Getting a new one will be next to impossible and they are not strictly replaceable.

Contact vodaphone and ask them to unlock the iphone, I had mine done by ee when I went to labara

Latest posts