What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Just had an email from Uswitch, bit of info about new supplier and changing:
Once my new supplier is appointed, can I switch to a new supplier of my choice?
We appreciate that Ofgem’s decision is out of your hands, and you might want to consider switching. But it's likely you’ll be moved to one of the more competitive deals available right now. Once you've transferred over to your new supplier, you’ll be free to switch without incurring any exit fees, if you’d like to.

Novice

I thought you had a One+
I do and the battery has failed. The oneplus is unlocked but not the Iphone.
Battery out of one plus one and ready to install new battery. Battery should be here Saturday. It only has to last a few weeks then I can use my new phone which is a birthday present.

Novice

Just had an email from Uswitch, bit of info about new supplier and changing:
Once my new supplier is appointed, can I switch to a new supplier of my choice?
We appreciate that Ofgem’s decision is out of your hands, and you might want to consider switching. But it's likely you’ll be moved to one of the more competitive deals available right now. Once you've transferred over to your new supplier, you’ll be free to switch without incurring any exit fees, if you’d like to.
Tried Uswitch but not doing comparisons at the moment. There will not be many deals out there. It means we will lose out on the fixed deal we had. Just have to see what is on offer once Ofgen have chosen our supplier. Some deals are now 24mnth too. Ok if no exit fee.

noel

They finished the show at Notarinni's in Blackpool.
Watched the Prince Philip programme last night and they were his favourite chefs .

black knight

Noel, I caught four fish,two gudgeon, a roach, and a perch.
Well lads it has finally happened I've purchased a Wychwood folding stool and back pack. After yesterday I needed a chair to fish as I'm not safe to stand due to poor balance. It is a problem that has been coming on for a while and I quote Blencarn where I sit on a jetty all day to fish. When I fished at PIS I would sit on the dam. Three years ago I retired from salmon fishing having fallen over three times in half a day. The isolation and lack of exercise due to the Pandemic has surely contributed to further deterioration. When I go to Barnsfold there are a number of anglers with folding seats I should fit in well with my new gear.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

noel

Morning all, lovely to hear that you caught some fish Alban . Our next meet will have to be somewhere that you feel comfortable Alban to be at whether that is at Barnsfold or Blencarn.

Novice

My old phone has life. 👍👍👍🔋🔋🔋
screen was already damaged at the bottom.
4CCA450F-B02A-4AB3-A228-CB4B51B406D5.jpeg
D4A59B48-1452-49B2-BEC5-42271968B39C.jpeg

Last edited:

Novice

Steve do you still rate these as good phones as I may change my S5 for a Oneplus ?
I cannot say Noel as I have no experience with their other phones. There prices have risen now so they are not the bargain they where. I am not sure I would buy a one plus phone now. I have changed to an iPhone anyway so all my devices will sync.
I only hung on to this phone as I have unlocked the boot loader and flashed a custom recovery. So thanks to Lineage custom roms I can use the latest Android and security. Down side you cannot use certain apps due to security.

Last edited:

black knight

The seat has arrived and I was shocked how small it is. It is about half the size of a decent folding picnic chair. As it is so low down I found getting up difficult. I might have to send it back if I can find something better. I will take it to Kilnsly Park and road test it on Sunday.
I have spent an hour in the loft trying to find my coarse fishing tackle I haven't seen it since we moved.

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been a bit miserable today, drizzle and then quite breezy.
Been up at PIS, finishing touches to the cabin door, then spent the afternoon fishing..........well losing fish. :eek: Started with buzzers but nothing, went on to a parachute dry and .......... nearlies don't count. :rolleyes: Played it for a bit and it bu99ered off. Brew and sandwich then back to fishing again. Had another fish on the parachute, a very slow and gentle rise over the fly. Slow lift and fish behaved quite nicely until seeing the net. Managed to keep it on this time but the dry was totalled. Things then went off as the wind picked up, water close to the bank coloured up. Decided to go back to buzzers but a bead head on point. One fish lost as knot slipped, again had the fish close to landing. Next had a very lively blue, again ready for the net it gave another leap and hook straightened, fish off. Another fish took the bead head and left the dressing hanging after a hectic short battle, which it won. ☹️ Had a few more offers but couldn't connect. Brother in law had similar though one fish took him down to his reel backing before leaving him. He too only managed the one but both of us could have been in double figures if all fish were hooked and landed. 😞 Hard work, frustrating but enjoyable. 😃

buzzer1234

A frustrating day for you Ged, but at least had some sport & didn’t blank.

Sister in law from Kent is staying with us, came up yesterday & staying until Wednesday, so no fishing for me, unless I can get a couple of hours early one morning, looking after grandchildren tomorrow, church on Sunday, we are on coffee duty, Monday Boundary Mill !!

My phone battery is knackered I’ve already had a replacement think I need a new phone. 🤣

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Bit damp this morning and no breeze, quite warm too.
I am wanting to get the lavender hedge cut before the rains but the bees are still feeding on it. I’ll have to leave it for now. It did flower late this year.🐝🐝🐝
Any excuse. :ROFLMAO:

Been looking at my dashcam footage, parking mode is useful too. I can spy 🕵️‍♂️ on goings on. Only if the car is disturbed though.
Got a lost and chewed up flies to replace from yesterday and maybe some flies to fill the huge gaps in the stillwater nasty fly box. :unsure: All suggestions written on a hook point please.