What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Wet, no wind as yet (lucky me :whistle: ), bit cooler too.
Just seen a heron flying along the railway tracks. What's next, a petrol shortage??? :rolleyes: Still same number of cars etc doing the school run.
Right, hopefully more fly tying, too wet to get out and fish. 🌧️

Novice

If you cannot go out to catch them the make one. 😀
98E849B9-79C6-482B-9FAD-ABFE5D0B8D91.jpeg

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Heavy showers with fleeting glimpses of the sun, waiting for the wind to get up.
The bin have been and gone, changed over to the winter curtains in the front room. Changed the setting (hopefully) on the boiler programmer which we put on for the first time yesterday since having the boiler fitted back in July. The boiler's very quiet. 🤫
Was thinking of getting out to fish the brook! :unsure: Got more rain forecast tomorrow but decided it's a bit too wet today plus traffic due to Bury market then of course the petrol problem. But, I can get to and back from the brook on electric alone and the water level should be fine due to it being regulated from a res. Could be coloured though! Anyway, I've chickened out 🐔. Fly tying and I'll probably finish off reading latest "Fly Culture" mag. (y)

Novice

Same here Ged weather wise that is.
off to the bank for Joan later. Hoping the rain holds off.
Then a bit more splasing of paint on wood to do. Then that really is it for now.
Hope to tie a few new Pike flies. Not that I need any.😇

wobbly face

Just been out moving .................. water. No, not having a pee in the garden. :p
Rain had filled 2 water butts to over flowing. Roses cut back and had to stop, more rain falling. Sunny again now.

noel

Started a thread about eggstasy material and either admin or the site computer thought it was about wanting or selling , it was worded as a discussion . Another thread deleted .

wobbly face

Noel, it could have been the word "eggstasy". They might have thought you was trying to puddle drugs. :ROFLMAO: Did you try and post in the right section?
Been busy house building, well cases for ........ holidays. 3 lots of case caddis done, just waiting on rendering (superglue) to dry on last one then all can be added to the estate (put away in fly box :)).

noel

Noel, it could have been the word "eggstasy". They might have thought you was trying to puddle drugs. :ROFLMAO: Did you try and post in the right section?
Been busy house building, well cases for ........ holidays. 3 lots of case caddis done, just waiting on rendering (superglue) to dry on last one then all can be added to the estate (put away in fly box :)).
Yes it was moved by whoever to the sales and wanted section .

buzzer1234

Morning guys,
Wet & very windy today, more over the weekend, our guest went home yesterday so back to normal.

Doesn’t look like I’ll get out fishing for a few days with this weather.
In town now shopping but no coffee in Costa till 11o’clock so drinking weak tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Another wet and windy one. 🌧️ 🌬️
Last day of the rivers wtb season a washout, was hoping to get a last session in before season end but no chance. Actual river levels not that bad though may be coloured, just wet and windy.
Back to tying, seeing as I built houses yesterday, today will be for creating a population (not that the fly boxes are under populated). Going to tie up some teenagers ( I wonder how many people have said that???) :ROFLMAO:. For those not in know, sedge pupae. ;)

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Weather blustery winds, 🌬️ heavy rain 🌧️ then short spells of sunshine. 🌤️
At last, river levels are UP. Means they're too high to fish but mush needed water and hopefully filling up the ressies too.
Why is it, people can't leave messages on answering machines? :unsure: Had 2 calls from an unidentified mobile yesterday to the land line and 1 to my mobile. If I don't recognise the number or it's not in contacts, I don't answer but will check my records then get back to the caller if listed. If they've got my mobile number, then why not send a text? 😕 Can't be important!
More fly tying today for the nasty box.

Latest posts