What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Well done Mr blobby (Tom). :LOL: 🎣
I got that email too SteveN.
New kitchen tap arrived so that's tomorrow's job. Morrisons been and gone, shopping taken to my mother's and I also removed the built in cupboard dishwasher. Took longer to empty (yes it had water in it still, used half bottle of disinfectant too :sick:), then had to clean the cupboard out afterwards. Looking for shelves now so she can store junk in the cupboard.
Wife phoned her GP surgery to enquire about this 3rd vaccine situation. Yep, they had no idea of it. :rolleyes: They said they will get back to her when they find out what's suppose to be happening.

country_est

Wife phoned her GP surgery to enquire about this 3rd vaccine situation. Yep, they had no idea of it. :rolleyes: They said they will get back to her when they find out what's suppose to be happening.

Ged,

If its the 6 month booster try any walk in centers near you.

If its a 3rd primary then taking any relevant info to a walk in should also work.

Have had my 3rd primary and should get my booster in 6 months time.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Ged,

If its the 6 month booster try any walk in centers near you.

If its a 3rd primary then taking any relevant info to a walk in should also work.

Have had my 3rd primary and should get my booster in 6 months time.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk
The problem is GPs not knowing what's going on. Plus, we're not clear where 3rd vacs or boosters are being given! :unsure: My wife's GP surgery were doing boosters for their patients. Other people having to attend local hospitals.

black knight

Hi all
Well done Tom what a pity about your monster. I like the look of your FA egg fly the green looks stunning. I have yesterday's fritz cats whisker to replicate. It has red cheek goose boits as well as red whipping on the eye of the hook.
Paul B what are the worms for?
Steve N your black and yellow lure is the stuff of nightmares.

Paul_B

The problem is GPs not knowing what's going on. Plus, we're not clear where 3rd vacs or boosters are being given! :unsure: My wife's GP surgery were doing boosters for their patients. Other people having to attend local hospitals.

The mrs has had text to say she needs the 3rd (booster) jab and to contact her doctor, she phoned the doctors and they say they wont come out to do it and to contact a number they gave her.

She phoned the number and they gave her another number, she phoned them and they said she needs to contact her doctor.
Mrs explains whats happened and they said its up to the doctor and she's sending them an email to explain their duty, at least this way she'll circumnavigate the desk staff.
We wont hold our breath :rolleyes:

On a brighter note shes doing well walking with the physio team :)

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Wet and windy. 🌧️ :eek:
They like sending people in circles Paul. Good to know your wife is doing well. (y)
My wife had a phone call from her GP surgery 08:25, they've asked her to take the letter in she got yesterday. They could understand if it came from a consultant (but she's not seen one), if she was on high level of certain medication (which she isn't {low dose} and wasn't at time of vaccines). I've scanned the letter just in case.
Right, got kitchen tap to do and sort some other plumbing (rearrange) whilst I have the water off. Where did I put the snorkel???? 🏊‍♂️🚰🌊

Paul_B

Hi all
Well done Tom what a pity about your monster. I like the look of your FA egg fly the green looks stunning. I have yesterday's fritz cats whisker to replicate. It has red cheek goose boits as well as red whipping on the eye of the hook.
Paul B what are the worms for?
Steve N your black and yellow lure is the stuff of nightmares.

A squirmy worm under an indicator 🥳

Its a trout water thats any method, and a worm around 4ft under a bubble float works well (apparently) as does ledgering with a worm just off the bottom, dropping a worm in while having a sarnie or changing flies may catch me a fish ;)

Steve's lures would certainly catch.

wobbly face

That was hard work ........................ taking the old kitchen tap off. :eek: Ended up having to remove the entire sink from the worktop. Locking nut for the old tap was in a plastic holder which being plastic split and came away for the actual metal nut (which was round with small serrations). Couldn't get any tools in the space. Also hard work undoing water pipe connecters. Anyway, once removed the new tap was a doddle. (y) 🚰And no flooding.

Do you have a big collection of "gardener's fancies" Paul? 🪱🎣:D

Novice

Alban this one is a bit more friendly. Before you ask it is not out of Tom’s pond. 😀😀😀😀
8FD353C7-C8B5-4D8C-83FE-B16D191CE679.jpeg

Paul_B

That was hard work ........................ taking the old kitchen tap off. :eek: Ended up having to remove the entire sink from the worktop. Locking nut for the old tap was in a plastic holder which being plastic split and came away for the actual metal nut (which was round with small serrations). Couldn't get any tools in the space. Also hard work undoing water pipe connecters. Anyway, once removed the new tap was a doddle. (y) 🚰And no flooding.

Do you have a big collection of "gardener's fancies" Paul? 🪱🎣:D

I take it that you don't have a neighbour who lends tap spanners :unsure:

Paul_B

I have my own but couldn't get in with them plus the fixing of the old tap had rusted. The old tap had rigid copper tails, the new one has flexible tails and a proper nut type for fixing tap to sink. (y)

My neighbour is a plumber type gasman (his son is also plumber) I help him with problems on his caravan and he looks after my plumbing if I'm stuck, he also services the boiler when necessary :)

wobbly face

Evening guys.
The day started dry but grey and very still, then it turned wet but still very still 🌧️, then it tried to brighten up, 🌦️ then it was heavy rain and still 🌧️🌧️ and then thunder and lightening and still. ⛈️Then it went clear and still but temp getting cooler.
Anyway I've spent most of the day up in the loft. Went B&Q first and had a good walk. Isle 62, far end but then I had to back track to the other half of the store. Still no isle 62. Asked and got told "go to the wall there, turn left and walk until you can't go any further, turn left and it's just down there". That was right back from whence I came. Got there and it wasn't signed isle 62. But I found the loft insulation. I did get a trolley but the rolls too big. So all the way back outside, get a bigger trolley and then al the way back to so called isle 62. Got 6 rolls, went all the way to checkout. Rolls and rolls of insulation stored behind the checkout. :oops: But not the thickness I want. :rolleyes: I then had to get them all in the car. Back seats flat and piled 3 in, then another 3 had to go on top of them. I did tried to get 1 in width ways but couldn't quite due to boot opening. So no rear view mirror, luckily my reversing camera doubles as a rear view camera. (y) back home, rolls put upstairs in spare bedroom. Time for lunch. Then move all cr@p before putting rolls in the loft. Masked up, gloves on, remove several large sheets of .... bubble wrap! o_O Then start laying. Man it was warm. 😅💦 Hands wet through in latex gloves, glasses steaming up.
Then it was a case of put everything back, threw some cr@p away, rearrange fishing tackle and waders hanging. ;) All done, clean up and shower. The insulation smells of toffee, caramel mmmmmm. 🍫.

Handy neighbour to have Paul. (y)
During my working life, I had colleagues who were in different trades. Plumber, electrician, painter & decorator. Then another colleague had a lodger who was an heating engineer. (y) Also, had 2 colleagues who were professional footballers once over. ⚽

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Bright but cold and breezy.
Brother in law wanted to go fishing but chickened out today as it's too cold, maybe tomorrow! :unsure:
Forecast is for showers later today into tomorrow morning and it's 1 degree C warmer tomorrow ..... supposedly! Let's hope it's not as windy.
Fly tying today. 🪰

Paul_B

Not long ago we had a phone call saying they will be here in 15mins to give the mrs a flu vaccine, they came and went like lightening.
We just had time to ask about the Covid vaccine, they said they will come after the 6 of November as that will be 6 months since the last jab. The mrs said hers was the third jab, they said its just the wording as the 3rd and booster jab was the same thing 🙂

Latest posts