What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Went out in the sun and cold breeze but it was not too bad. Lures fine tuned and all except one are good. The not good one will make a good twitch bait.
I managed 2 tiny Perch to a micro shad. Blank savers.
4816E110-6E2A-4820-A8ED-BC40FC404E1B.jpeg

banjo298

It’s our last day of isolation today too, however we both still have many symptoms. How are you testing negative Mark? I asked did I need to test negative before I could return to normal, but the track and trace people told me once you get it, the virus is in your system for at least 90 days and will test positive until then. They said once we’d isolated for 10 days we were deemed no longer infectious so could return to normal even though we would probably display symptoms for months days if not weeks yet!

miabs

It’s our last day of isolation today too, however we both still have many symptoms. How are you testing negative Mark? I asked did I need to test negative before I could return to normal, but the track and trace people told me once you get it, the virus is in your system for at least 90 days and will test positive until then. They said once we’d isolated for 10 days we were deemed no longer infectious so could return to normal even though we would probably display symptoms for months days if not weeks yet!
Hi Earl, my lateral flow tests at home were positive during isolation and my PCR was positive before isolation,which kicked it off.
Now my lateral flows are negative and I don't have symptoms. I won't do a PCR as it can show positive for up to 90 days and that would force another isolation period . So don't do a PCR.
Once 10 days have gone the virus isn't infectious to others. I was lucky with symptoms going ,apart from tiredness.
My taste and smell is still missing but headache, cough and temperature are gone .

banjo298

Hi Earl, my lateral flow tests at home were positive during isolation and my PCR was positive before isolation,which kicked it off.
Now my lateral flows are negative and I don't have symptoms. I won't do a PCR as it can show positive for up to 90 days and that would force another isolation period . So don't do a PCR.
Once 10 days have gone the virus isn't infectious to others. I was lucky with symptoms going ,apart from tiredness.
My taste and smell is still missing but headache, cough and temperature are gone .
It’s all very strange Mark. All the way through I’ve never had a positive lateral flow test, just the one positive PCR test, which I only took as Sue failed a lateral flow test, otherwise I’d of thought I just had a cold and would have carried on as normal. I’ve never had a temperature or a cough. I’ve had a very bad headache, snotty nose, tickley throat, chills, loss of taste and smell and felt weak and tired. Now my 10 days are up, I still have all my symptoms, just not as bad as they were! I’m assured I can return to normal tomorrow. It all seems wrong but covid is rife in our village! I wonder how many infected people are going about as normal even though they probably think it’s just a cold. It’s very strange how it seems to affect everyone in a different way.

miabs

It’s all very strange Mark. All the way through I’ve never had a positive lateral flow test, just the one positive PCR test, which I only took as Sue failed a lateral flow test, otherwise I’d of thought I just had a cold and would have carried on as normal. I’ve never had a temperature or a cough. I’ve had a very bad headache, snotty nose, tickley throat, chills, loss of taste and smell and felt weak and tired. Now my 10 days are up, I still have all my symptoms, just not as bad as they were! I’m assured I can return to normal tomorrow. It all seems wrong but covid is rife in our village! I wonder how many infected people are going about as normal even though they probably think it’s just a cold. It’s very strange how it seems to affect everyone in a different way.
Not good Earl. My daughter tested PCR positive and lateral flow in September. My wife , daughter and I did PCR tests to check and I was the only positive PCR . Because of this I had to isolate for 10 days with no symptoms. Even after I did two PCR tests on the following two days which were negative and all lateral flows negative. I still had to isolate, I think it was a false positive. This time I did have covid as I had the symptoms and isolated for 10 days. I hope you and Sue get better soon. I'd stay in for a little longer if it was me.

banjo298

Not good Earl. My daughter tested PCR positive and lateral flow in September. My wife , daughter and I did PCR tests to check and I was the only positive PCR . Because of this I had to isolate for 10 days with no symptoms. Even after I did two PCR tests on the following two days which were negative and all lateral flows negative. I still had to isolate, I think it was a false positive. This time I did have covid as I had the symptoms and isolated for 10 days. I hope you and Sue get better soon. I'd stay in for a little longer if it was me.
I’ve a few things I really need to get out for tomorrow, but we’d already decided to avoid all social and public areas as much as possible for a few more days yet.

noel

I wish we had 6" of soil to turn over , the house was built on a brown field site , I was in Abu Dhabi and Agnes was working as a nurse so we never got a chance to to ask our builder to amend that .

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been wet and very windy🌧️🌬️
Went on the PIS with b-i-l. Fished of the dam (wall that is a dam, not blaspheming!!!) wall. Wind was doing summersaults so had a move after lunch. B-i-l had a tiddler before we moved. 2 others fishing, one in the first corner ledgering with a lure, he managed 1, his mate also lure fishing (standard lure tactics) but was on prime bank (where me and b-i-l like to fish) and he had 4. We went down the prime bank where the wind was strong but consistent. I had 1 one but it bu99ered off, slipped the hook that's all. I later switched to some new dries I'd tied, again fish on and that too bu99ered off slipping the hook whilst jumping. Had few boils (no, not a skin condition) and that was that. B-i-l also had a few offers but couldn't hook up with any. Bought some polish on the way home, mantle please. :(

My house was built on a building site. :giggle: In fact, it was the builders yard whilst other houses were being built. Before that, there were terrace houses, allotments but pigs kept there and the rubble left from the pig house when knocked down.

buzzer1234

Evening guys
Back from a few days in the Lakes,
Last week when I checked the forecast for Windermere it was horrendous but then improved as it got nearer our short break, we went up on Wednesday & it was raining most of the way but as we got nearer it stopped raining & by the time we checked in it was sun shining.
Thursday was cool but wall to wall sun shine all day, today before we left for home it was sunny but with some cloud about, so we were very lucky, even saw a red squirrel up at Allan Bank in Grasmere.

Well done all those out & catching, hard luck Ged not like you to blank, hope you’ve remembered how to polish the mantle!!

Hope all you isolators are soon feeling better.

I’m hoping to get up to Dingle tomorrow. 🎣

noel

Had to be strict with myself today a guy on fb selling a lovely Malcolm Greys of Alnwick 9'5wt for £45 delivered .

black knight

Evening all
Hope the Covid patients are doing well.
Hard luck at PIS Ged.
My salmon fishing sons and grandsons started fishing the Annan this morning after a full English. I haven't heard if anyone has been successful and have texted Steve for a full account. Right now they will be drinking copious amounts of beer and playing pool. I wish I was there.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Late note
No salmon caught today. Non reported elsewhere. River conditions are near perfect only two fish spotted all day.

Last edited:

noel

Back home with Agnes from her visit to her chiropodist and her last visit her toe nail beds are healing very well just been a longer process than she expected.
Whilst Agnes was making the coffee I got the leaf blower out and cleared the drive , I bought a couple of cable connectors and joined 2 long lengths together enough to reach out on to the road.

Latest posts