What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

New style lure in progress. Changed the lip shape. Great action on initial tests.
C3CA423D-56BA-48F4-822C-7A3C9E045604.jpeg
35690514-AD8F-4EAB-950B-BC5004BF8F49.jpeg

black knight

Hi lads
I've spoken to Frank Cassons and he is going to provide me with some sort of boat hopefully not a float tube.o_Oo_Oo_O
My next Thursday keep fit class has been cancelled.
Thanks Ged for offering to help me in and out of the boat and transport. I'm looking forward to seeing those going it will be like old times. Noel, if you are coming, go easy on the bear hugs.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

black knight

Noel, I might be in a little boat and Frank warned I shouldn't have a large person at the stern as the bow may lift out of the water.:eek::eek::eek:
Do we have any 4 foot midgets that fly fish?

Last edited:

black knight

I forgot to mention I did five hours coarse fishing on the Calder at Read. Eric took me to a spot near the Hyndburn sewerage outfall fabled for its large fish. I caught two grayling and a tiny dace. I was hit at high speed by a heavy weight fish who charged downstream with my bait. Inevitably I was snapped fishing fine. I was using my salmon spinning rod oh if only I had 15 lb breaking strain. :( :( :(

beetlebum

Morning Gents, I've been a member in the forum for a good while but never posted in this thread. I live in Chorley and after seeing out my waiting time I've been offered a place on PAAS for next season. Unfortunately, I've recently heard that they have lost rights to the Hodder and some of the Ribble so I guess my question is, is it still worth joining? We have a 4 month old at home so my fishing time is drastically reduced for the foreseeable but I don't know whether to just bite the bullet and join anyway. Any info would be great.

Many thanks,
Simon

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Wet and windy start, still windy with occasional shower thrown in. :rolleyes: We had some heavy rain last night.
Just removed all tiles from bath panel (wooden one that I made 15 years ago then put tiles on to match rest of bathroom), got a job to do sorting out pipework. I've just emulsion the panel as at a future date we want to change the bathroom.

High Simon.
PAAS still have the Ribble at ribchester as well as other stretches and they also have a stretch on the Lancs Calder at Whalley. PAAS also have other waters (some stillwaters, coarse and one for trout) in the area.
I dropped out of PAAS a few years back and I only fished the Ribble at Mitton and Hodder near Hurst Green/Stonyhouse. I don't know if they still have the Ribble at Mitton as it was linked to the Hodder section.

beetlebum

Morning guys.
Wet and windy start, still windy with occasional shower thrown in. :rolleyes: We had some heavy rain last night.
Just removed all tiles from bath panel (wooden one that I made 15 years ago then put tiles on to match rest of bathroom), got a job to do sorting out pipework. I've just emulsion the panel as at a future date we want to change the bathroom.

High Simon.
PAAS still have the Ribble at ribchester as well as other stretches and they also have a stretch on the Lancs Calder at Whalley. PAAS also have other waters (some stillwaters, coarse and one for trout) in the area.
I dropped out of PAAS a few years back and I only fished the Ribble at Mitton and Hodder near Hurst Green/Stonyhouse. I don't know if they still have the Ribble at Mitton as it was linked to the Hodder section.
Thanks for that. I was a member of RADAC up until this year but with the little one due and no option to defer for the year I dropped it. I was looking forward to fishing the Hodder as I've only ever fished it as a guest and it's a beautiful river.

wobbly face

Thanks for that. I was a member of RADAC up until this year but with the little one due and no option to defer for the year I dropped it. I was looking forward to fishing the Hodder as I've only ever fished it as a guest and it's a beautiful river.
I use to fished the Slaidburn stretch quite a bit (on day ticket), must have another trip there sometime. Just that it's over an hour run for me.

chesscar

Morning Gents, I've been a member in the forum for a good while but never posted in this thread. I live in Chorley and after seeing out my waiting time I've been offered a place on PAAS for next season. Unfortunately, I've recently heard that they have lost rights to the Hodder and some of the Ribble so I guess my question is, is it still worth joining? We have a 4 month old at home so my fishing time is drastically reduced for the foreseeable but I don't know whether to just bite the bullet and join anyway. Any info would be great.

Many thanks,
Simon
Hi Simon,
I’ve got my name down on PAAS this year, so have a few years on the waiting list.
I joined Warrington AA earlier this year, check out their website as they have a stretch of the Ribble and then a stretch of the wyre at church town. Not fished either but have been down to Dee stretch they have. They have a fair few bits into Wales. Bit like yourself in terms of where I am ( I’m in Golborne) so waters round here are sparse. The Warrington permit has enough on for me to get out to a river, when work allows and it’s a lot cheaper and no waiting list against PAAS. Also, before I joined, I emailed the secretary about using fly for coarse. He said that fly could be used on all waters so long as third party safety was taken into account. He also said that there are quite a few of their members regularly fish stretches of the bridge water canal on fly.
Not sure this will be of much help, but thought it might give you other options if you decide to pass on the PAAS.
All Warrington waters are listed on their website, with a handily map at the bottom
Baz

Latest posts