What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Paul_B

SteveN, what got me was we fished this very same stretch only last week and saw nothing. Yet today ..... this was old stuff and we had to remove silt, gravel and stones before we could remove them.

All part of lazy fishing. I've seen 2 seater settees, quilts and cushions in the river so relax and take it easy. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I took our 3 seater to the dump it tuesday, waited in all yesterday for a new one being delivered in the morning slot from sofology, it got to 3 o'clock and we rang them to see what was wrong, they forgot to write it down despite us having to pay the remaining money to book it, but if we wait 12 days we can book another one 🤣

Give us our money back was the firm reply from the mrs

Novice

Having the boiler serviced this morning. The fault with hot water and heating coming on at the same time has gone. 👍. So hopefully just a service to pay for.
Meanwhile dad has had a fall. Help is on its way.

Novice

Boiler serviced and fixed. Diverted valve was OK but had come loose so the nice man reseated it and it is now fine. However there was a small leak and the low pressure valve was faulty. Both sorted.
Bright cold day but hope to get out for a couple of hours on the canal. I better wrap up.

Novice

Christened my new rod this afternoon so no blank. Thought it was going to be though. First one was tiny.
638090A0-49A5-4749-BEE0-C30CF172F46A.jpeg
5EE31C4E-40D2-4E8F-8952-315AFA9399B0.jpeg

noel

Back home from Sharpley, started fishing about 10 AM with suspender hare's ear 1st fish within 30 minutes then a dry spell for 3 hrs and a further 2 fish again on my dries . Missed 2 good offers but that's fishing this was my 1st fish a PB brown
856a9f6d9c6ee5f428ba9a668171b1ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been a very bright one ☀️ 😎 but not as cold as expected, bit of a breeze at times.
Been on the Aire at Skipton, water very, very clear (and b-i-l didn't help).
I fished a French leader and double nymph, fish didn't want to play though, very little showing though we did see a good size chub that b-i-l had a got at, but it just slinked off. I got into a nice rhythm (though had to wait for breeze to drop so as not get bow in the line), I was tucked down in the bank and low so as not cast my shadow across the river to where I was drifting the nymphs and b-i-l walked along opposite bank high up next to the river. Game over!! :( Anyway we didn't blank as we both managed one small grayling each.
Well done Noel 🎣 and SteveN 🎣 (y)
Sorry to hear of you're dad's fall SteveN, lets hope nothing too untoward. Good job the boiler got done with the weather that's been forecast to arrive next few days.
What are you sitting on Paul with no sofa? :( Sofology used to be good when they were CSL.

Paul_B

Evening guys.
Been a very bright one ☀️ 😎 but not as cold as expected, bit of a breeze at times.
Been on the Aire at Skipton, water very, very clear (and b-i-l didn't help).
I fished a French leader and double nymph, fish didn't want to play though, very little showing though we did see a good size chub that b-i-l had a got at, but it just slinked off. I got into a nice rhythm (though had to wait for breeze to drop so as not get bow in the line), I was tucked down in the bank and low so as not cast my shadow across the river to where I was drifting the nymphs and b-i-l walked along opposite bank high up next to the river. Game over!! :( Anyway we didn't blank as we both managed one small grayling each.
Well done Noel 🎣 and SteveN 🎣 (y)
Sorry to hear of you're dad's fall SteveN, lets hope nothing too untoward. Good job the boiler got done with the weather that's been forecast to arrive next few days.
What are you sitting on Paul with no sofa? :( Sofology used to be good when they were CSL.
"What are you sitting on Paul with no sofa? :( Sofology used to be good when they were CSL."

I sat on a caravan fold up chair until they said they'd forgot, then I brought the two seater into the living room from the front room, the mrs is ok as she has one of those rise and shine recliners.

I think we'll hang on for another settee, perhaps dfs will have a sale in January :whistle:

buzzer1234

Nice brown Noel well done. 🎣

Hard going on the river Ged but you avoided the blank.

Well done with the Perch SteveN. Hope your dad is ok & nothing serious from his fall.

Pulled my back again this afternoon was only taking begonia tubers out of the pots to keep over winter no lifting involved, I did the same a few weeks ago putting back the bung in the car after charging, it feels like I’ve trapped something. Have taken pain killers I’m hopping by tomorrow it will feel better, it did last time .

Novice

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he's on the mend. Is that rod a Kuying Teton? I did a bit of bfs style fishing last autumn and they came highly recommended.
Thanks. Dad is coming home today
Yes the rod is the Kuying Teton 522sul. Casting weight 0.8 to 3gm. Great little rod. Very sensitive. Got enough back bone to tame decent fish. Great rod.

beetlebum

Thanks. Dad is coming home today
Yes the rod is the Kuying Teton 522sul. Casting weight 0.8 to 3gm. Great little rod. Very sensitive. Got enough back bone to tame decent fish. Great rod.
That's good to hear. I had a few similar rods, a tsurinoya one at a similar weight rating to yours. I ended up going back to a fixed spool setup in the end but the light bfs rods are great fun.

Simon

Novice

Well after being told dad would be home at mid day he finally gets home at 20:30. No doubt due to lack of transport.

Latest posts