What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Well after being told dad would be home at mid day he finally gets home at 20:30. No doubt due to lack of transport.
Sounds about right SteveN.
Mind you, my mother wanted to go to local Morrisons this morning, she couldn't get an 08:00 taxi so had to settle for a 09:00 one. She'll still give me her shopping list for Monday's Morrisons delivery. :rolleyes:

Novice

Wow that was some night. The house joined to us has lost guttering and lots of roof tiles. Many fence panels round about blown out. A big tree was blown over and crushed a car. Thankfully there was no one in it. road blocked until it can be removed.

We have seemed to survived. Glad I had our roof serviced this year.
Bright now but windy and cold.

Hope everyone is safe.

noel

Morning all, we are all safe and sound no damage not that I have been out still 8n my pjs enjoying my mug of Tea.
Now sleeting on.

Vintage Badger

No damage to my house or garden, thankfully, but I've just phoned my mother to make sure she's OK and she says her house has lost three or four slates from the roof. So it sounds like we'll have to join the queue for a roofer. :(

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Windy and bright. Snow on dem der hills and clumps of ice in places.
terrible night, neighbour at the back of me his conifer at the front of his house is down, blocked pavement but cars can get past, my have damaged a car or two parked up and certainly garden fencing. My mother said a bin has blown over (one she doesn't use) and one of her neighbours has lost fence panels.

bibio1st

A tad wild over here lest night and today, got up to a covering of snow, bu&&ered up any fishing plans, tomorrow is forecast better but have my mum and the mother in law round for a meal.
Probably get a run in this evening to keep body and soul together ;)

Steve

noel

Just been out to be greeted by this at the end of drive
a514b4d330dfa094be956b7508d1a9bf.jpg
2d215a852ce72323c11325db87b1fab3.jpg
02b67ef530fcd6e24f889b111dc7bb01.jpg
9bbff01378a27dbcb26fd33a64302df6.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

black knight

I'm pleased your dad is coming home Steve.
We had a powdering of snow last night and high winds that blew things about and flattened bushes. No significant damage though. The snow thawed by lunch. We could have a little more snow tomorrow.
Scientists have detected a new Covid-19 variant called the Omicron virus and are working to understand its potential implications. About 50 confirmed cases have been identified in South Africa, Hong Kong and Botswana 2 days ago. Now we have 2 confirmed cases in the UK. New preventative measures are being drawn up by the government to be announced in three weeks time.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Quite still here with cloud and some blue showing through. ☁️🌥️ Light frost.
Been out and cleared the bird bath and fresh water put in, robin will be happy.
Got a big puddle of water at the back of the garage :mad:, new roof and door, rubber strip at front of garage and drainage trough haven't stopped this problem. Only occurs with northerly winds and wet weather. :( The only thing I can thick of is to build up the floor level at the corner where I think the water is getting in and hopefully deflect it back into the drainage trough. :unsure:

Alban, this gov will be too slow and not strict enough with measures. Expect 4th wave, keep safe.😷

Latest posts