What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

One car I had was terrible for ice forming in the windscreen washer system, I took off the tube from washer bottle to washer nipple and rerouted it along the heater hose. The nipple still iced up a bit but at least the tube kept clear once car engine had heated up.
You'll be able to take the weight of your feet now Paul and put it on your .......m. :LOL:

black knight

We still have snow on the soft surfaces and on the car windscreen. At different times today we have been feeding the birds that frequent our back garden. Some are so tame they stand in front of you whilst you throw them food.
The misses has been trimming up all day driving me mad. Every half hour she wanted something out of the loft. Then empty boxes had to be stored back in the loft. At one stage the lounge and the large bedroom looked like they had been blown up with a bomb.
My granddaughter Kelsey went for a pre-natal check up and is on target for a Boxing Day birth. She has had high blood pressure but is ok at the moment.

Novice

Banking to do today.😱

River going up and I was hoping to go on Thursday. A bit high now and more rain forecast. So looks like it I’ll be another day on the canal. 😀

Last edited:

Novice

Just rang dad and he is not doing too good. He was on a drip for antibiotics they took him off and put him on tablet form. Now his left elbow is very swollen and painful, thumb is swollen, his left knee is swollend and pain in his right elbow. This morning he had a bad angina attack and they could not find the his spray they took away. He said he nearly passed out. Doctor has not been to see him yet. 😡

wobbly face

Just had epic session of wrapping you know what!! 🤫 ;)
Just got back from Asda by 10 mins when first delivery arrived, second this afternoon and still waiting on a third this evening. Plus other orders still in the post. o_O
Hope your dad soon improves SteveN. They should have left your dad with his spray, they will have known what it is for.

Novice

Made a start on next batch of lures. I like this shape and action. I know I am bound to loose a few.
F3D0718B-2EB0-4587-9B97-0DF6C30AD2E7.jpeg

buzzer1234

Evening guys,
Been shopping this morning then collecting greenery for Hazel’s Christmas wreath workshop that she is running at church on Saturday.

Was going to go fishing this afternoon but rain stopped play.

Bury Market tomorrow to stock up on pies again!!

They don’t seem to be looking after your dad very well Steve, hope they improve.

black knight

A very poor day here today I went for my weekly dose of physio. I'm fishing on Kearns Allen's lodges, Baxenden they are sheltered by mature pine trees and we are taking two fishing umbrellas. I think we may need all the help we can get to make the day fishable.
Tom you didn't mention black puddings Bury's are the finest in the UK.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Wet, 🌧️ windy, 🌬️sunny,🌤️ cold. 🌦️.
B-i-l just phoned me, he's gone to Rochdale, poor s0d. Said they have opened a "walk in booster centre", no appointment necessary, just turn up if 152 days or over and over 40 or vulnerable. Open 9 to 5 but today only. Yes just one day. Said there was hardly anyone there, until he walked round the back, about 100 people queuing. Apparently Rochdale Council put it out on "Mushfooc".
Got email yesterday form a company who I ordered 3 items with, 1 item out of stock. Got 2nd email to say other 2 items ready for dispatch. Got email this morning to say order dispatched by RM, only 1 item mention. :unsure:o_O Invoice only has the 1 item, at least it's main thing I wanted. :rolleyes:

noel

Fishing will be Friday for me if the weather improves.
Spent a couple of hours running Agnes around the Drs and chemist, she phoned her Dr on Monday and has waited until today for a reply, to say we are annoyed is an understatement, the antibiotics she was prescribed just made her puke , thankfully she was given some cream for her leg also , it has just taken me 2 yrs of nagging to get this far ..

Novice

Dad has been ringing all day. He said he managed to walk to the toilet but it was very painful and was sick. Next Call he tried some soup, felt sick so tried some trifle, felt sick. He did not even try the tuna pasta bake because it was over cooked. He lost 2 stone last time he was in so now has no weight to loose. I am a little concerned.

Last edited: