What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

Evening Lads
I did six hours fishing today and the weather wasn't bad. We had a bit of sun in the morning,three showers, and a constant breeze. I sheltered from the breeze under a large angling umbrella ( I was angling not the umbrella). Scores for the day were 12 fish for my partner and 7 for me. The fish were mainly roach about1/2lb.I did get broken again with what was probably a large bream or carp but no wonder my cast, prepared by my partner Eric, was only 3lb breaking strain. I wanted to up the BS to 6lb but he wouldn't budge. He's funny like that but I'm so grateful for him taking me fishing every week I didn't argue. I have now lost three big fish to date on 3lb casts . Overall I had a good day.:D:D:D

wobbly face

Well done Alban. 🎣 This coarse fishing is suiting you very much. (y)
Well no surprise, no delivery but it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow by the retailer. Hermes are getting a bit ahead of themselves. :rolleyes:

Novice

Well done Alban.

Cold morning and going to be a cold day. Supposed to be sunny though. Off to pastures new after Perch. Only a few hours before I freeze.

Ged we are having big delays with Hermes.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Bright and sunny ☀️😎 but with a cold breeze, frosty earlier on.
Been busy, Hermes turned up, said he had to finish at 22:15 last night as he'd had enough. He did apologise for it. 10 mines before Hermes Parcelforce delivered, 10 mins after Hermes PO lady turned up with 3 packages, then 10 mins after that same PO lady pushed post through the door. 😵
Just frost here, no snow this time, plus a big patch of light coloured feathers on the back lawn where a sparrowhawk appears to have got a pigeon!
I got a neck cape from a woody and some sparrow quills from a sparrow hawk kill in the back garden. 👍

buzzer1234

Well done with the roach Alban, maybe try & persuade him to go up to 4lb. could make a difference but maybe the roach wouldn’t like it.

Done an Aldi shop this morning, very cold but not much wind.
Don’t know whether to pay Dingle a visit this afternoon, I have a pass for tomorrow so may leave it till then. Looks nice looking out from a nice warm lounge but there is still frost on the ground in the shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzzer1234

Hope your dad gets sorted out Steve, not good if he’s not eating & being sick.

Paul_B

Morning all , we have woken up to a white world again, that changes our plans for the day .

I was unsure if it would get to us, it didn't look far away according to Paul Hudson. However it was wall to wall sunshine on the Pennines when I got there, the little robin in the car park came up to me for something to eat as soon as I got out of the car, once he/she was fed I went to the res and signed in.

Apparently no one had caught anything all morning and most had gone home, this was about 9.30, but I noticed one of the bait-men had just got one to the net so I fished in front of the hut, first cast and I got nice one so put it in the bag, second cast another and so on, I knocked another nice one then put a plastic lure on for a laugh.
Not so funny as I caught a good one and already had my quota this came in like a welly, at this point I packed up and was home for 12.

I should have had my foot on the far side of the fish :rolleyes:

DSC_0689 (2).jpg

Novice

Had a short session on a new venue. Not for lack of trying I could not find any Perch. I did howeve get a small Pike. Another first on small lures I also got a small carp. Great day and nice place to fish with good company with my mate Gregor.
6785E0A8-141D-4DBE-8CA3-181B4F9719E2.jpeg
B7972A7E-2EB2-41CD-80FC-5845FD8E6D3E.jpeg

Last edited:

buzzer1234

Nice catch Steve the carp isn’t that small !!

Well done Paul bit of fast action there.

My stepson Phil bought me a day ticket for Mere Beck last Christmas but I miss placed it, found it about a month ago so rang them this morning & I’m booked in for tomorrow….Wonder if they will like eggs

noel

Mentioning eggs I had another delivery from fishteaser today of his eggstasy material in Hi viz Yellow and Sunburst £1.25 for 1m enough to tie a dozen or so flies .

Latest posts