What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey, damp and a bit misty, it was breezy but now settled. Was very nearly tempted to go fishing but after last night's fine snow ......... (which cleared later) chickened out. 🐔 Wind suppose to be picking up again later. 🌬️

noel

Morning all, just refilled the bird feeders an everyday event at the moment, off out to B & M Hartlepool to get another 12.5 kg bag presently 7 Goldfinches on my feeders .
On a fishing note called into gooutdoors yesterday and our local has been taken over by Fishing Republic so only coarse tackle available.

buzzer1234

Good day at Mere Beck today, apart from the guns going off !! When the first one went off I nearly jumped out of my skin, they are so near it sounded like it was right behind me. There was very little wind & I was well wrapped up so didn’t feel cold.

They like egg flies, the fish were much smaller than what I’m used to, the first two fish were barely a pound in weight, later ones were a little bigger but nothing over pound & a half. I did try some nymphs but no interest, all fish were taken straight lining two eggs of different colours.
I had 10 before lunch & 3 after before it went quiet, I packed up at 2.30 pm. Not one of my favourite places.

Novice

Ged my Hermes parcel a two day delivery took 4 days to get to the Hermes hub. It has been there another 2 days already. No doubt due to high demand and covid. 😫

Last edited:

wobbly face

Well done Egg. :ROFLMAO:🎣🎣 All happening in the mornings then Tom. (y)
Yes SteveN, my last parcel spent a few days at a Hermes hub. Got my second part of a 3 part order this morning with ParcelForce, part 3 not in stock so only 2 part order. Part 1 I got yesterday in what I thought was an over sized package for the item. Today's package was outrageous! o_O Why 2 deliveries when 1 would have done and why all the packaging, especially this morning. Glad it was free postage and packaging for me. Doesn't do carbon footprint much good.

Paul_B

Ged my Hermes parcel a two day delivery took 4 days to get to the Hermes hub. It has been there another 2 days already. No doubt due to high demand and covid. 😫

My Hermes delivery of new Yorkshire pudding tins from a firm in Lancashire was stuck in customs for at least 2 days according to the tracking app :rolleyes:

OK as the head cook and bottlewasher wants than for Christmas due to the mrs inviting everyone to dinner, no pressure :oops:

bibio1st

Well done Tom, the fish seem to be the same stamp as the Lamaload fish.
On the Don today after grayling, a few trees down across or in the river, why is it the alway fall in good fishy water :rolleyes:, quite a lot of debris from the storm on the bottom also, leaves and twigs out scoring the grayling by quite a margin, had about 15 to the net and a few others lost, mostly small fish but one reasonable fish about 30cm, packed up about 3.45 as the light faded, the downside was Yummy's kebab shop doesn't open until 4.45:( wasn't wait around for a hour no matter how good they are.
9198FF94-B59B-450F-A3C1-2E4863623A9F.jpeg

Steve

black knight

Well done Tom well done Steve B.
Steve, last year food scientists for Hampshire county council found that Doner kebabs were the fattiest takeaways. One contained 140g of fat, twice the maximum daily allowance for women, and the calorific equivalent to a wine glass of cooking oil. And 60% of the kebabs tested were high in trans fat, which raises cholesterol levels. Missing your kebab did your heart a big favour. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bibio1st

Well done Tom well done Steve B.
Steve, last year food scientists for Hampshire county council found that Doner kebabs were the fattiest takeaways. One contained 140g of fat, twice the maximum daily allowance for women, and the calorific equivalent to a wine glass of cooking oil. And 60% of the kebabs tested were high in trans fat, which raises cholesterol levels. Missing your kebab did your heart a big favour. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Alban, that’s why I only have a chicken kebab, just chicken breast and lots of salad and onions, virtually no fat and the onions help keep the blood thin.

Steve

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Bl00dy orribuble out there, dark, wet and windy. 💡 🌧️🌬️
Well done yesterday Steve b. 🎣 My last visit was one of catching leaves on bottom, just something you have to contend with. :rolleyes:
Noel, I'm waiting for a delivery from an order I placed last Friday, checked with them and order is still "pending". As I posted yesterday, only got 2 items from a 3 item order, they did email me "computer said in stock, when staff checked warehouse, nothing there!" Would be better if retailers just removed items out of stock, I don't even like it when it has out of stock or awaiting stock, just don't put it up. :mad:

Novice

Dad is set to go home on Monday. I had to take him a paper today.
Glad I declined my friends offer to go fishing on the canal in Skipton today. Horrible out there.

Last edited:

Flymaniac

Alban, that’s why I only have a chicken kebab, just chicken breast and lots of salad and onions, virtually no fat and the onions help keep the blood thin.

Steve
Hi Steve, my parents once lived in Turkey and during my many visits I had the pleasure of sampling lots of shish kebab restaurants. My favourite kindly gave me his rough recipe (he does everything by eye) and in large volume but we eventualy settled on the following;
1/2 TSp Tomatoe Puree
1/2 TSp Red Pepper Paste, when I run out of my Turkish supply I get it in Tesco, open, portion it up and freeze to avoid it going off.
1/2 TSp Cumin
1/4 TSp Turkish Chilli (adjust to taste)
Salt to season as required (I don't bother)
Mix the above, then mix it with the chicken, cover and place in the fridge for a few hours.
Skewer up and grill (Barbeque if you have one). I cook for 6 minutes each side to make sure the chicken is cooked and I like it charred also. Simple, tasty, healthy home cooked Shish Kebab.

bibio1st

Glad I decided to fish yesterday instead of today as planned, was supposed to be putting blinds up in the rooms at the front of the house, MrsB wasn’t too pleased when I decided to fish first, she realised today it was the best option, blinds are up now so in the good books again.

Steve

bibio1st

Hi Steve, my parents once lived in Turkey and during my many visits I had the pleasure of sampling lots of shish kebab restaurants. My favourite kindly gave me his rough recipe (he does everything by eye) and in large volume but we eventualy settled on the following;
1/2 TSp Tomatoe Puree
1/2 TSp Red Pepper Paste, when I run out of my Turkish supply I get it in Tesco, open, portion it up and freeze to avoid it going off.
1/2 TSp Cumin
1/4 TSp Turkish Chilli (adjust to taste)
Salt to season as required (I don't bother)
Mix the above, then mix it with the chicken, cover and place in the fridge for a few hours.
Skewer up and grill (Barbeque if you have one). I cook for 6 minutes each side to make sure the chicken is cooked and I like it charred also. Simple, tasty, healthy home cooked Shish Kebab.

Thanks, I do something similar but add some grated garlic and lemon zest also.

Steve

Latest posts