What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Paul_B

John Norris used to sell it also Paul . I liked YGA as a shop .

I got a lot of my stuff from YGA/Lureflash and still have bags of stuff that I haven't used, I knew quite a few who worked there and got first dibs at the discount bins, I'm still using hooks from when they did home tying which stopped when they started up in South Korea.

My father and eldest brother taught John Gross how to fish and how to tie flies and fell out due to him starting it as a business rather than helping others for free, that was a long time ago and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and both John and his son Steve have helped me along the way.

I

Novice

Does it really need wings one asks oneself?
A02A0B64-042A-411B-A153-F9CD0E879830.jpeg
BD49399C-02C4-486E-9035-511EFCC1AF60.jpeg

Last edited:

black knight

Bojo is dominating the news today. Evidence of two more parties has come to light and will no doubt appear in the office report due some time next week.
My son Alban and his wife are very ill today and their breathing affected.
My son Steve and daughter Amanda have ventured outside after a nasty bout of Covid. Amanada looks terrible and is having another week on sick leave. Infection casesare going up and so are hospital admissions. My D-in-L Joanne, at nurse at Nelson Hospital, is having her ward converted to a Covid ward. This has happened once before at the peak of the Covid 19 infections.

bibio1st

Did my first park run this morning, finished 115th out of 204 and 5th in my age group, getting round without any mucsle pulls was a bonus as it has some steep climbs, takes up a chunk of the morning which is a downside, usually run in the evening when it's dark and doesn't interfere with other things.
Tying some flies this afternoon and fish tomorrow, would like to get on a river but a touch high in these parts, going down very slowly and will be gin clear, might be a still water instead.

Steve

noel

My anti static bags arrived today . Good luck with them tomorrow they do look as if they should work . Don't know what Peter Appleby would think of them .

Paul_B

Plan B,
The very cheap hooks came today, I think they may be better for the front hook on the snakes as it will save me having to cut the bend off.

View attachment 47748

The size 4 bait holders do the business and they cut off easily, they're a lot easier to use than the golden hooks.
The zonker strip on the other hand is far to bushy and I've gone back to mink fur.

As for my bad back, I managed to get a doctors appointment yesterday and he was concerned that it could be a sign of Covid, after a natter on the phone he was happy that it was just a pulled muscle, I wasn't happy as it hurts :cry:

black knight

Well done on your park run Steve. It would kill me instantly if I tried something like that. :eek:
I've been up in my loft tidying up my workshop tools. I only brought a third with me when I moved two years ago. Vanita tried to get me to part with over half of what I've got now. There's no b----- chance. If I can I will add to them.

Novice

My dad electric has gone off. Told him to check with his neighbour and it turns out it is a power cut. Good job he has a Gas fire that still works.

noel

Our water was switched off in the area for about an hour at 4 PM yesterday no explanation given unless they used Twitter again which we don't use .

buzzer1234

Evening guys,
Well done with the park run Steve, takes it out of me walking these days!!

Sounds like you’ve been laid on your back funny in the night Noel, hope it soon improves.

Three hours on Dingle this morning thought I was going to get the mantle, nothing for the first hour then missed two takes third one hooked but came off, I then caught & landed one, that was it, there was a cold wind blowing down the water, I was warm apart from my hands & my, fuel handwarmer went out!!

bibio1st

Well done Tom👍 sounds a bit tougher than my fishing today, went on Marton Pools, started on buzzers with an egg on the point but no signs for 40 mins, switched to the other rod with a cats on the point and a blob dropper, had a pull after 10 mins and another 15 mins later, back on the other rod but switched the egg for a anti static apps, no joy again 🙄 back on the lures and had a rainbow, 10 mins later had this nice brown, both had taken the cats,
F230010A-C4C7-4013-A2EC-9FFC6C0912F3.jpeg

Moved down the bank a few pegs and first cast had a second good brown, thought it was the same fish but the tail was different, a couple more casts before switching pools, I like to catch off all three rather than staying on one, the second pool was very tough with no signs for 90 mins before losing one at the end peg, moved to the third pool and not a touch on that one🙄 decided to go back on the end peg on the second pool and had two quick fish to the buzzer and cats.

Steve

buzzer1234

Well done Steve you had a good day especially with the browns, Dingle hasn’t been stocked since October so it gets harder as time goes on, first stocking this year will be in March.

black knight

Well done Steve you had a good day.
Tom, I used to stock and finish in October to restart in March. There were only four members who fished over Winter including myself. With climate change Winter days are mild and fishable.

Novice

Off up to dads today. His sky box will not come on after the power cut yesterday. If his box does not work I will fit my old one and get his card paired with that. I also got him registered as a priority with the power company. Also added his mobile as his land line phone is hands free so does not work in a power cut. Had to tell him not to keep using his stair lift on battery. 😱

Latest posts