What flies are catching just now?

ian1104

What speed would you retrieve the damsel nymph please..
I was fishing an inter on long steady draws, but I only moved one fish on it.

I was back up yesterday and caught 1 fish for 6 hrs 😔
I thought conditions were ideal with an overcast sky, warm, with a nice breeze and ripple, there was a few fish rising i was pretty optimistic.
I picked a fish within 5 of starting, I thought I was in for a great day..... and never touched another thing all frickin day!!!
I tried everything I could think of but nope not interested.

When I got back to the club house I learned I wasn't the only one not catching, for some reason the fish just weren't playing ball???
I can't make any sense out of it, my last visit was dire conditions but collectively there were far more fish caught than yesterday when conditions were much better 🤔
Anyone any theories???

Al
What were you fishing? Lines/depth/flies etc? Sometimes I get bad days and nothing seems to work. Especially when the hot weather arrives!

speytime

I tried everything I could think of between a floater, inter, sink tip and a full sink 3 line, using various length tapers/leaders from 9/15ft + a 5ft furlie with 6ft of tippet x2 dries, throughout the day I tried, dries, wets, nymphs and lures including a booby/nymph on a sink 3 line, normally pulling lures will save the day but nope they weren't interested in lures either.
I've had it before in the past no doubt I'll experience it again in the future.
I used to be guilty of sticking with the same method all day, catching nothing wasn't unusual, but when you're changing to various methods and still not getting anything it can get a bit frustrating 😤

Al
I was fishing an inter on long steady draws, but I only moved one fish on it.

What were you fishing? Lines/depth/flies etc? Sometimes I get bad days and nothing seems to work. Especially when the hot weather arrives!

JayP

I tried everything I could think of between a floater, inter, sink tip and a full sink 3 line, using various length tapers/leaders from 9/15ft + a 5ft furlie with 6ft of tippet x2 dries, throughout the day I tried, dries, wets, nymphs and lures including a booby/nymph on a sink 3 line, normally pulling lures will save the day but nope they weren't interested in lures either.
I've had it before in the past no doubt I'll experience it again in the future.
I used to be guilty of sticking with the same method all day, catching nothing wasn't unusual, but when you're changing to various methods and still not getting anything it can get a bit frustrating 😤

Al
Did you spoon the fish you caught?

speytime

I didn't JayP, i caught it within 5 minutes of starting if I'd caught it a couple of hours later I might have considered it, at the time I thought I was in for a good day, there was a a few fish rising, warm, overcast with a nice ripple, i never thought that would be the last 🤣

Al

Did you spoon the fish you caught?