What fly lines do you forum chaps use?

tony5

I use sinking lines and cast for distance on big lakes , two most important things is the weight of the head in my case I need approx 300 grains for my rod to work at its best next is the diameter of the head must be as narrow as possible to stop wind resistance last running line mus be narrow but not tangle , so I use at the moment airfo tactical shooting head 300. Grains. For marred onto snowbee Classic running line I hope this is some help to somebody

joshandmurphy

I rate the wyhchwood connect lines .
I got the midge tip Intel dipper.casts and fishesh great compared to other midgetips I've tried.gave the floater rocket taper a go as well.like both and recommend for £25

spudgun

I rate the wyhchwood connect lines .
I got the midge tip Intel dipper.casts and fishesh great compared to other midgetips I've tried.gave the floater rocket taper a go as well.like both and recommend for £25
+1 for the Wychwood connect lines, very good value for money.
Cheers

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

seadog26

I have a Rio in touch gold line and previous a Rio Lt trout and i have been far from impressed!

The lt trout line straight out the package coiled, i didn't panic too much, i cleaned and stretched the line.... still no avail.

Took it back

Got the Rio in touch gold, again slightly coiled stretched it out and it was a bit better, but the welded loop broke quickly.

Next time im gonna spend 20 quid on a Line and get 40 quids worth of flies instead!

young jon

Banned
Banned
#2 - Cortland Sylk, original Orvis supafine
#3 - Greys Platinum, Barrio smallstream
#4 - Luke Bannister line, Barrio GT90
#5 - GT125, Opti stillwater
#6 - Opti Stillwater, GT125, Barrio SLX, Orvis Hydros Inter, Snowbee XS
#7 - Ballistic Spey, Orvis Saltwater
#9 Cortland 444 ghost tip tropical
#10 Wychwood #10 Masterline DT?, Cortland 444 ghost tip tropical

and a couple of shooting heads

roger h 10

I particularly like the Rio Gold as a Floater and the Rio Midge tip. I also use the Wychwood Little Dipper #7 which is an excellent line for the money and the Barrio Mallard Sink tip which is another excellent value for money line.

I also have a couple of Guideline 4 casts and Cortland Trout Bosses. I've still got a Cortland 444 Intermediate that's about 25 years old.

Scotty90

Rio in touch floaters (gold and perception) are very good although expensive, the intouch version is far better imo than the max cast or original, the coatings are far nicer on the intouch I feel.Airflow sixth sense int/sink lines are very good. The Kelly green scientific anglers inter and a few years ago I had a pale blue loop floater that was probably the best floating line I’ve ever had, I’ve never been able to find or match it since. Cortland 444 are ok but don’t last very long and skb lines are very good value lines. Bario lines are popular and I have a mallard and smallstre which see a fair bit of use and to be honest, I can’t fault them.

pusser

Rio Euro-Nymph, for my Hanak rod
the rest are all Barrio, and I can't fault them; great value and bloody good!