What Is The Best Colour For Bailers?

Laxdale

Which branded (coop, tesco, etc) plastic bag makes the best emergency bailer when you arrive at a remote loch to find it half full of water, and the bailer is either squashed or there is not one?
King Kong is not available to flip the boat over.

easker1

one or two of the fishfarms used to use Bailers to hurl the food at the fish before the Automatic systems , I have 2 of them , easker1

colliedog

Which branded (coop, tesco, etc) plastic bag makes the best emergency bailer when you arrive at a remote loch to find it half full of water, and the bailer is either squashed or there is not one?
King Kong is not available to flip the boat over.
Never used a carrier bag. Have on various occasions used my sandwich box, outboard motor cover (that boat was full), a mug (only to bail mind) and a hat🤠

In the spirit of cross functionality I landed a 2 1/2 lbs trout in the bailer bucket for my mate on Loch Cherigal. Its colour escapes me 😁

Cap'n Fishy

Never used a carrier bag. Have on various occasions used my sandwich box, outboard motor cover (that boat was full), a mug (only to bail mind) and a hat🤠

In the spirit of cross functionality I landed a 2 1/2 lbs trout in the bailer bucket for my mate on Loch Cherigal. Its colour escapes me 😁

I sacrificed a brand new sandwich box on Loch Hope a couple of years ago. It didn't only get used to bail the boat, so that was the end of its days as a sandwich box! 😗

anzac

I sacrificed a brand new sandwich box on Loch Hope a couple of years ago. It didn't only get used to bail the boat, so that was the end of its days as a sandwich box! 😗
That was either a very big sandwich box or your 'bomb aiming skills are well honed. 😲

Cap'n Fishy

That was either a very big sandwich box or your 'bomb aiming skills are well honed. 😲

No, no - just used for 'No. 1s'. If you gave your sandwich box to your boat partner to piss into, would you use it as a sandwich box again? 😜

anzac

No, no - just used for 'No. 1s'. If you gave your sandwich box to your boat partner to piss into, would you use it as a sandwich box again? 😜
There is only one possible answer to that question -- ever. And, I can say no in at least six differernt languages.

Also, the way I see it, it's his hard luck if he didn't have an empty drinks bottle or a sandwich box of his own. He's NOT getting mine.

Cap'n Fishy

There is only one possible answer to that question -- ever. And, I can say no in at least six differernt languages.

Also, the way I see it, it's his hard luck if he didn't have an empty drinks bottle or a sandwich box of his own. He's NOT getting mine.

Well, what are friends for... ;)

Cap'n Fishy

Added to which, we'd already used it to bail the boat out, and gawd knows what was swimming around in the bilges... 🤪

Wee Jimmy

Added to which, we'd already used it to bail the boat out, and gawd knows what was swimming around in the bilges... 🤪

We were loading up the boat down at Acreknowe.I had dumped some gear on the grass and went back up to the car to pick up another load.When I got back down to the boat here is this woman letting her ankle biter pish on my piece box. That’s my piece box says I.......” How was I supposed to know”.....she replied.I was lost for words.Anyway I’m still using it......🤣

Latest posts