What makes us happy..

GEK79

We have a what really annoys you thread let's try a happy thread what makes us happy.
Today I've had an appointment at hospital and have been told that all my bloods are fine and the double transplant is working as expected that has made me very very happy.. Also a possibility of a cast it 2 later.. 👍👍
Gary
Must also add that my beloved Coventry City didn't get relegated made me very happy.
Reminds me of my nipper days. A wry smile.. A little bit later in life vodka was added. 👍😜😜

Attachments

• 1625745234899381210563707022896.jpg
    1625745234899381210563707022896.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28

weiliwen

Elitist Blowhard Pr1ck
I've had the easiest of lives, and I'm happy for that. Born an American white male gives me advantages from the start. Two loving parents who made sure we had plenty of intellectual and physical stimulation through travel and sports - my parents moved us to Tripoli Libya when I was 8 years old so I got to see much of the world then. They coached our sports teams, helped with Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, made sure we went to good schools and pushed us to excel. I was able to graduate from a top university and pursue a career in international business. I've never wanted for money, food, or shelter. And I've had good health all my life

I am happy because I realize I have nothing at all to complain about.

GEK79

We have a what really annoys you thread let's try a happy thread what makes us happy.
Today I've had an appointment at hospital and have been told that all my bloods are fine and the double transplant is working as expected that has made me very very happy.. Also a possibility of a cast it 2 later.. 👍👍
Gary
Must also add that my beloved Coventry City didn't get relegated made me very happy.
Last night after a few hours in the baking sun whilst in the ice cold Atlantic we had a great day and sat and had an ice cold beer to witness this.. Boy did it make me grateful.. And for a moment made the world seem enjoyable...
Taken at Creevy pier... Donegal..

Attachments

• IMG_20210722_124349.jpg
    IMG_20210722_124349.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 28

GEK79

Gary
Myself my wife and my little one took a trip to Belfast for the night.. Just jumped in the car and went.. For those who don't know is a city full of history..
We went on a tour and visited what was once the most troubled place In Europe..
We visited The Falls Road a d Shankill and learned an awful lot..
We saw a wall that divides to communities and until you see it you wouldn't believe it.. I don't think the wall will go in my time or my little ones but small steps are being taken...
These 2 pieces of Graffitti or art on the wall made me smile.. One of them was done by my little one.. If anyone has never been I would and could suggest a visit to this historical and up and coming city..

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_110028_edit_283893232441055.jpg
    IMG_20210802_110028_edit_283893232441055.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210802_110206_edit_283883727500953.jpg
    IMG_20210802_110206_edit_283883727500953.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41

Dingbat

Myself my wife and my little one took a trip to Belfast for the night.. Just jumped in the car and went.. For those who don't know is a city full of history..
We went on a tour and visited what was once the most troubled place In Europe..
We visited The Falls Road a d Shankill and learned an awful lot..
We saw a wall that divides to communities and until you see it you wouldn't believe it.. I don't think the wall will go in my time or my little ones but small steps are being taken...
These 2 pieces of Graffitti or art on the wall made me smile.. One of them was done by my little one.. If anyone has never been I would and could suggest a visit to this historical and up and coming city..

My father always enjoyed Belfast even during the height of the troubles, took every opportunity to go up there. The trip to Dublin was a three and a half hours so it wasn't that often. Said he met more people he knew from the south than he ever would in Dublin.

He also, not very fashionably at the time, used to clearly opine that he always found the UDR helpful and respectful..

What made me smile today was Limerick giving Cork a good pasting, for two reasons. One it is nice to see Limerick on the up and get something of a winning streak going and secondly, bringing Cork back down to earth occasionally doesn't do the world any harm.

whitehorses

What made me smile today was Limerick giving Cork a good pasting, for two reasons. One it is nice to see Limerick on the up and get something of a winning streak going and secondly, bringing Cork back down to earth occasionally doesn't do the world any harm.
one mans meat is another mans poison .

GEK79

Gary
So as some of you will know 4 Years ago tommorrow I had a double transplant.. 4 years ago about this time we had a call to put my bag in the boot and drive to Dublin to St Vincent's hospital..
We had done this trip twice before..
3rd time lucky..
So 4 years on I'm a fit healthy man.. What makes me haoiy is the gift that I revwnived and the kindness shown my a stranger and his family.. That Changed my life and my families.
So that makes me very happy..
G

Just the buzzer

What makes me happy…….

when I leave work after every shift and go home to my family/friends safely….and the reason for my happiness is…

I work in the hospital and see all sorts of sad situations and I go home thinking I’m so very grateful it’s not me .

“Enjoy yourself…it’s later than you think “

GEK79

What makes me happy…….

when I leave work after every shift and go home to my family/friends safely….and the reason for my happiness is…

I work in the hospital and see all sorts of sad situations and I go home thinking I’m so very grateful it’s not me .

“Enjoy yourself…it’s later than you think “
The small things in life get forgotten too easily.. Thank you for all the work you and all do in the hospital.. Enjoy..

Latest posts