What makes us happy..

jaybeegee

So as some of you will know 4 Years ago tommorrow I had a double transplant.. 4 years ago about this time we had a call to put my bag in the boot and drive to Dublin to St Vincent's hospital..
We had done this trip twice before..
3rd time lucky..
So 4 years on I'm a fit healthy man.. What makes me haoiy is the gift that I revwnived and the kindness shown my a stranger and his family.. That Changed my life and my families.
So that makes me very happy..
G
Live life well Gary in honour of your donors….you do spread a bit of happiness yourself. 👍
B

4wings

My son has found a girl and moved out, he is very happy, I am happy.
My cat, now six, sits and "talks" to me he has never been so vocal. I am happy.
Storm Arwen excited me I love the strong winds and rain (but not the damage) I was happy.

Tony Pesci

We have a what really annoys you thread let's try a happy thread what makes us happy.
Today I've had an appointment at hospital and have been told that all my bloods are fine and the double transplant is working as expected that has made me very very happy.. Also a possibility of a cast it 2 later.. 👍👍
Gary
Must also add that my beloved Coventry City didn't get relegated made me very happy.
I too underwent a transplant (liver) last year, 2 days after I married my partner of 39 years. As I lay in hospital recovering I decided to do something for me so I decided to take up fly fishing.

15 months later, awaiting for a hernia operation I am happy and thankful to be here due to the utter brilliance of the NHS and having only caught 6 fish all season I will never forget the first fish I caught.

GEK79

I too underwent a transplant (liver) last year, 2 days after I married my partner of 39 years. As I lay in hospital recovering I decided to do something for me so I decided to take up fly fishing.

15 months later, awaiting for a hernia operation I am happy and thankful to be here due to the utter brilliance of the NHS and having only caught 6 fish all season I will never forget the first fish I caught.
Well done and congratulations.. Stay safe and enjoy..

ohanzee

I had a visitor today so I picked up 4 strawberry tarts, turns out they don't like strawberry tarts.

44ed421f403fa340e19d38ef26ef3bba.jpg

whitehorses

putting up the decorations friday and today ,outside lighting ,tree ,decking the halls ,etc
the thought and actually doing them p1ssed me off ,thumb tacks bending and imprinting on my thumb ,blood pressure levels rising ,climbing the ladder , untangling lights ,,well the task is done for now ,that makes me happy ,until next month anyhow, when they all need coming down again
still though the jobs a good un
baubell.jpg

merry christmas

shropshire_lad

Interesting thread, I have only just happened on it.

I wonder how many of you guys agree with me that one probably only works out what makes us happy in later life. I'm in my early sixties and looking back I wish I had the insight I feel I have now when I was younger.

I'm pretty sure affluence, money, material possessions, etc, don't necessarily make us happy, in fact often quite the opposite. I'm not particularly well off by many standards down here in the SE but I feel I have way too much stuff and on the whole it has not made me happy, in fact it's quite a burden. I feel guilty about the impact on the planet so don't throw stuff away and consequently we are drowning in clutter.

For me it's friends, family, companionship that make me happy. Nature makes me happy. Love makes me happy. Positive human interaction makes me happy. Positive news makes me happy. Looking back on the good things that have happened to me makes me happy. Looking forward to what is to come, maybe even fishing, makes me happy ;)