What makes us happy..

airsprite

My family and friends make me happy, probably taken a little for granted when i was younger, but now i really cherish them all.

Good health of course is a blessing i have at the moment, but I drive for a pharmacy so i see so many people who unfortunately are not so lucky.

I consider myself fortunate to be happy with the small and inexpensive things in life, fishing and a few beers with friends and i want for no more. I feel sorry for people who are always wishing for things they really can't afford, they will never achieve true happiness.

My current source of happyness is a resently purchased vintage bamboo rod that i have been tinkering around with for the last couple of weeks. It cost me very little, which made me even happier.
One of my friends jokes, i have enough cane to get the fire started when i finally hit the end of the line 🤣

Steve

GEK79

My family and friends make me happy, probably taken a little for granted when i was younger, but now i really cherish them all.

Good health of course is a blessing i have at the moment, but I drive for a pharmacy so i see so many people who unfortunately are not so lucky.

I consider myself fortunate to be happy with the small and inexpensive things in life, fishing and a few beers with friends and i want for no more. I feel sorry for people who are always wishing for things they really can't afford, they will never achieve true happiness.

My current source of happyness is a resently purchased vintage bamboo rod that i have been tinkering around with for the last couple of weeks. It cost me very little, which made me even happier.
One of my friends jokes, i have enough cane to get the fire started when i finally hit the end of the line 🤣

Steve
Your absolutely right so. Many people forget that the simple things in life make us happy.. 👍👍

ohanzee

Growing too many nasturtiums is an exercise in all round happiness, bear with me..£2.80 for a packet of seeds, one in each yogurt pot en route to recycling, give it a month or so till one flower appears, stick them in a bigger pot and you got flowers everywhere.....then give the 90 extra ones to people and spread the happiness, you get a lot of nasturtium happiness for £2.80

jaybeegee

Growing too many nasturtiums is an exercise in all round happiness, bear with me..£2.80 for a packet of seeds, one in each yogurt pot en route to recycling, give it a month or so till one flower appears, stick them in a bigger pot and you got flowers everywhere.....then give the 90 extra ones to people and spread the happiness, you get a lot of nasturtium happiness for £2.80
Edible as well.
B

GEK79

We have a what really annoys you thread let's try a happy thread what makes us happy.
Today I've had an appointment at hospital and have been told that all my bloods are fine and the double transplant is working as expected that has made me very very happy.. Also a possibility of a cast it 2 later.. 👍👍
Gary
Must also add that my beloved Coventry City didn't get relegated made me very happy.
This made me happy today..
A simple. Sound.

GEK79

for me ,its when my grown up kids ,laugh ,its the best sound in the world,and so contagious it puts a smile on my face too,thats true happiness ,knowing they have reached there targets no matter how small or large it was ,if there content im truly happy, and for me its all that matters
Your right the sound of our children laughing is amazing young or old.. 👍👍

mc nab

I think this is a great question and it's been interesting reading folks replies.

I feel happy when walking my 12 year old arthritic springer spaniel, I know she won't be around forever so seeing her enjoy herself when out makes me smile.

Recently I have been doing alot of walking and searching for a rising trout. Just hearing or seeing a rise has been like an intense relief sort of happiness. Like your horse winning the race. It's been a long winter for me.

I find happiness is fleeting, hold onto whatever makes you happy if you can.

GEK79

Waking up & opening my eyes again. Knowing I've survived to see another day & make choices of what I wish to do & go to see people I care about knowing they care about me. Oh, plus the fact you lot are here too.... ;)
After everything I've been every day I open my eyes I'm grateful. And look forward to the coming day. And the forum members are great people.. 👍😜

BobP

All sorts of things make me happy. Watching one of my dogs pull off a long retrieve after a strong running cock pheasant is one. Catching and admiring a really nicely marked wild Kennet brown on Wednesday is another. Watching England win at cricket. Getting a big, chrome-bright full tailed Farmoor rainbow in the net. Just being around to see another day no matter what the weather.

Latest posts