What makes us happy..

JayP

Growing too many nasturtiums is an exercise in all round happiness, bear with me..£2.80 for a packet of seeds, one in each yogurt pot en route to recycling, give it a month or so till one flower appears, stick them in a bigger pot and you got flowers everywhere.....then give the 90 extra ones to people and spread the happiness, you get a lot of nasturtium happiness for £2.80
Or just eat them

ohanzee

Bit of a random one this, but it demonstrates how luck breeds luck...

Someone asked me if I knew where to get old pallets, so I ask a builder friend, he says 'over there' and points to a skip with pallets piled up on top, job done, backs the car up and puts them in, then noticed a load of off cuts of wood...perfect size for my wood burner, 'yup, take them too', car filled with bout 3 months supply of free heat, doesn't even need cut, hold it, what's this? two Yew trees someone has dumped, look revivable, third load in the car, into pots, bit of water and gave one to a neighbour that needs a tree 'just like that one'..I get a case of beer (y)
So I load up the woodshed and go to drop the pallets off, and I get another case of beer(y)

In about two hours I have two cases of beer, three months supply of firewood, and the other 8' Yew tree in a pot next to the door:)

GEK79

We have a what really annoys you thread let's try a happy thread what makes us happy.
Today I've had an appointment at hospital and have been told that all my bloods are fine and the double transplant is working as expected that has made me very very happy.. Also a possibility of a cast it 2 later.. 👍👍
Gary
Must also add that my beloved Coventry City didn't get relegated made me very happy.
This made me very happy today dropped into a butchers that was recommended by several people and he had in the counter a beef and guiness pasty.. I should have bought 2....wowzer it was amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_194522.jpg
    IMG_20210615_194522.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

ohanzee

On Sunday I tackled a loch well up into the hills, not quite 100% fit yet so it was going to be a challenge, about 4 miles up/in it started raining, the going got harder with the wet ground, at times it was hard, grinding along, rain stopped and got a bit of fishing in, one small trout before the rain came on again, bit more fishing when it stopped, then the wind got up and the heavens opened, now it was hard, started to get cold, pulled out and the return journey tested my grit, tired and wet through, the only thing keeping me warm at this point was moving, had to summon a bit of extra for the last bit of the walk back.
Got to the car, dried off, sat down, boots off, a snickers in two bites, and felt like I just did something, sore legs and a calm sense of achievement.

Going back next week(y)

mackiia1

On Sunday I tackled a loch well up into the hills, not quite 100% fit yet so it was going to be a challenge, about 4 miles up/in it started raining, the going got harder with the wet ground, at times it was hard, grinding along, rain stopped and got a bit of fishing in, one small trout before the rain came on again, bit more fishing when it stopped, then the wind got up and the heavens opened, now it was hard, started to get cold, pulled out and the return journey tested my grit, tired and wet through, the only thing keeping me warm at this point was moving, had to summon a bit of extra for the last bit of the walk back.
Got to the car, dried off, sat down, boots off, a snickers in two bites, and felt like I just did something, sore legs and a calm sense of achievement.

Going back next week(y)
Glutton for punishment more like :p