What makes us happy..

whitehorses

I ORDER THINGS FROM CHINA FROM TIME TO TIME then i forget about it and when it arrives at the door 2mts later ,i say to my self oh yeah id forgotton about that ,mind you its all small things ,this time im waiting on waders, boots, a rod, reel ,line backing ,tapered leaders, wire traces ,and hooks and im not forgetting this order ,but when they arrive that will make me happy ,and to add to it i purchased a permit for the local ressie where my boat is resting on the margins ,then i can fish from my boat total bliss in my eyes ,well nearly, cause its a pike lake ,but ill be happy flogging the water trying to catch one or two ,instead of driving up and down the lake pointlessly ,

ohanzee

I reckon what makes us happy is highly individual, and the important thing is just knowing what it is for you.

whitehorses

i heard on the radio today that a child laughs 400 times a day and adults laugh on average 4 times a day , why as we get older do we laugh less ?a listener said we have replaced laughing with swear words and the constant stresses of everyday living only adds to it

anzac

i heard on the radio today that a child laughs 400 times a day and adults laugh on average 4 times a day , why as we get older do we laugh less ?a listener said we have replaced laughing with swear words and the constant stresses of everyday living only adds to it
I'd suggest that children are less inhibited and don't worry about offending somebody by laughing at them. Also, children are naturally happy creatures.

GEK79

On Sunday I tackled a loch well up into the hills, not quite 100% fit yet so it was going to be a challenge, about 4 miles up/in it started raining, the going got harder with the wet ground, at times it was hard, grinding along, rain stopped and got a bit of fishing in, one small trout before the rain came on again, bit more fishing when it stopped, then the wind got up and the heavens opened, now it was hard, started to get cold, pulled out and the return journey tested my grit, tired and wet through, the only thing keeping me warm at this point was moving, had to summon a bit of extra for the last bit of the walk back.
Got to the car, dried off, sat down, boots off, a snickers in two bites, and felt like I just did something, sore legs and a calm sense of achievement.

Going back next week(y)
Worth it in the end lad.. That sense of doing something. πŸ‘

D

Deleted member 32104

I sometimes get this puzzled look (only from adults, never from children), when they can't fathom the permanent smile on my face. Thanks for clearing that up, now I'm sure I'm regressing. Knowing I'm still a child inside makes me happy.

GEK79

We have a what really annoys you thread let's try a happy thread what makes us happy.
Today I've had an appointment at hospital and have been told that all my bloods are fine and the double transplant is working as expected that has made me very very happy.. Also a possibility of a cast it 2 later.. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Gary
Must also add that my beloved Coventry City didn't get relegated made me very happy.
This...

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_122748_edit_1489989255800247.jpg
    IMG_20210620_122748_edit_1489989255800247.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 22

GEK79

We have a what really annoys you thread let's try a happy thread what makes us happy.
Today I've had an appointment at hospital and have been told that all my bloods are fine and the double transplant is working as expected that has made me very very happy.. Also a possibility of a cast it 2 later.. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Gary
Must also add that my beloved Coventry City didn't get relegated made me very happy.
Starting my new job today since being told I couldn't work last February 2020..πŸ‘πŸ‘

GEK79

Gary
Walking over the river eske to get a coffee to watch trout supping from the surface underneath trees... Made me smile may have to buy a day ticket now.. πŸ‘πŸ‘

GEK79

What made me happy today was hearing my Oncologist confirm that there is no active cancer residing in my body, and being able to share that new with my family.
Well that certainly is a fantastic reason to be happy.. Well done and GREAT news..