What Rod do you most regret selling...

Overmiwadrers

I shudder to think how many rods I have bought and sold over the years , many Winstons, Sages and Scotts , Hardy , Greys and others ... very many , way to many . but the rod I regret selling the most is quite a lowly thing really its a sage VPS 7ft 6" 4wt 4 piece. It was a nice rod but not outstanding but still regret selling it ,, So what about you lot?

O M W

Last edited:

Sash

It sounds heartless, but absolutely none! (And I have divested a LOT in the last 2+ years).
I take forever before deciding to part with a rod, and by that stage I have neither fished with it for a long time, nor is it often worth much. So it is nicer to pass it on to someone who might enjoy using it.

Overmiwadrers

Sage SLT 8.6ft #4.
S.
You know Steven .. I have had a few SLTs and really didnt rate them that highly , I think there is a deal of emotion and nostalgia going on with older sages. They are indeed nice rods and had a few around the 8ft area , but dont think any of them that I have tried get close to the Sage Circa that I use on smaller streams. Having tried SPs, RPLs XPs and ZXL I reckon the SLT is my least favourite. Ill put my helmet on now and await incoming

O M W

Scotty90

Sage method 696 by far the most regretted rod sale for me. I know a lot of folks are no huge fans but for me it was a gem of a rod for reservoir fishing. Also a 690 Sage SP.

Mrtrout

You know Steven .. I have had a few SLTs and really didnt rate them that highly , I think there is a deal of emotion and nostalgia going on with older sages. They are indeed nice rods and had a few around the 8ft area , but dont think any of them that I have tried get close to the Sage Circa that I use on smaller streams. Having tried SPs, RPLs XPs and ZXL I reckon the SLT is my least favourite. Ill put my helmet on now and await incoming

O M W
We are all different Andy, I like the ZXL as well and the SP, my latest Sage is the new LL, yet to use it.
I never got on with my Circa, it just lacked something for me, nice dry fly rod but if at all windy it just wouldn’t cope.
Be boring if we all felt the same. ;)
S.

Elwyman

O M W
It's a funny old world.
After years of fishing Winstons, my goto rod for sea trout and stillwater fishing is now a Sage SLT 9' 6" #6. Bought it second-hand last year.
I had a 9' #5 Sage XP many years ago, which was very good.
Part of the fun is trying different rods.

nymphist

I am not religious about finding a perfect fly rod, so i sold some that i realy liked, but nothing to be deeply sorry: Hardy Marquise 7 #3, Daiwa Altmore 8 #4/5, Hardy Ultralite 8'6" #5, Diamondback VSR 9 #6, Diamondback All American 8'6 #5, Hardy Sirrus 11' #6...

Mr Notherone

O M W
Funny isn't it. I love my 8ft 4wt SLT but couldn't get on with the Circa and sold it :unsure:

esk

None. I'm the opposite. I have a few rods that I suspect I will never use again but there is an emotional attachment and I just can't part with them.

One of those is an SLT 696.

easker1

A Daiwa Algonquin 3pc 5 wt, I was persuaded to sell it to my daughters boyfriend she hasn't got the boy friend and I haven't got the rod, easker1

eddleston123

I've never sold a rod in my life. I've given a few away though!

I did think about having a 'sale' and thinning down my collection a bit, but with inflation expected to go to 4 percent and beyond, I'll just keep all my remaining rods!

Douglas

sean freeman

We are all different Andy, I like the ZXL as well and the SP, my latest Sage is the new LL, yet to use it.
I never got on with my Circa, it just lacked something for me, nice dry fly rod but if at all windy it just wouldn’t cope.
Be boring if we all felt the same. ;)
S.
What configuration is your new LL Steven? Be interested to know what you think when you give it a try!

I do miss my circa, think it was the 389, would like to try the LL in that size though.

Latest posts