What will you plan to get done during lockdown

Overmiwadrers

So ,,, I have from now until April free apart from running a business lock down till mid Feb and then March rivers are shut ,So I reckon I want to get the following jobs done :

My old coronet lathe is in bits need rebuild finishing
New gates to make for the end of the Drive wife wants turned fiddly bits as a feature hence lathe requirement
Bought some cane rod blanks from China ( Thomas taper 7ft 3wt with two tops). Once lathe is built I can make the handle and reel seat . Rather than buy Then Finnish it of .
Tie flies for the next summer

Wonder if that’s achievable in 3 months . What have you got planned ?

O M W

G

GEK79

So ,,, I have from now until April free apart from running a business lock down till mid Feb and then March rivers are shut ,So I reckon I want to get the following jobs done :

New gates to make for the end of the Drive wife wants turned fiddly bits as a feature hence lathe requirement
Bought some cane rod blanks from China ( Thomas taper 7ft 3wt with two tops). Once lathe is built I can make the handle and reel seat . Rather than buy Then Finnish it of .

O M W
Moving house.. If its allowed.. We need a set of gates too if tour taking orders.. 😜😜0Shoukd have been in in August should be in February we await to find out if building will be allowed..
Stay safe all.
Gary

G

GEK79

Half past vaccine I suppose, I'll be due for my jab around then. 🤪
Give us a shout when you do I'll join ya so.. We have to try move see if little one will go back to school arrange all kinds of what would normally seem easy jobs but now with restrictions it's a lot harder..

G

GEK79

I had made up my mind to start painting the garden fence today.

I didn't

Excuse - I simply couldn't be arsed!

Douglas
The truth usually makes the best excuses.. It will be there tomorrow lad and surly the next day or two after that.

doobrysnatcher

the wife sprung a surprise on me the other day , vinyl silk x2 and a big tin of fast drying white gloss
2 roooms no bother says i "done"
i done 1 .too keep her happy ,now to take down decorations , i wish i was a woman now, giving the orders

JayP

O M W
I have lathe envy 👍

BobP

My wife announced that the main bedroom could do with re-painting. It's been a while since I last did it so that's fair enough. Might as well do the en-suite while I'm at it. Probably re-varnish the doors as well. I'll wait until February to do it as the daylight should be better by then.

I have a new fly tying vice due for delivery tomorrow so I'll play with that for a day or two. I'm also expecting an order from a company in Ireland that I saw a write-up for in Trout & Salmon. For our Irish friends it's piscari-fly.com I've just put in a modest order of tungsten beads in the first instance to see if they are any good and if they are I'll probably deal more with them.

Apart from that it'll be walking the dogs, reading and watching stupid films on Netflix while I wait for the call to get my jab. Should be sometime in February all being well. Let's face it, it would be really stupid to get Covid NOW with the vaccine on the horizon.

Overmiwadrers

I have a fairly new Axminster great to work with but lacks soul
Oh mine has lots of soul.. Its also pretty capable . Speeds are a bit ltd though but the Tapered phospher bronze bearings are lovely and smooth and quiet considering the old girls age

O M W

Overmiwadrers

If I had the space it would be a Union Graduate, proper old school, school lathes
The Graduates are splendid machines. Used one at Boarding school , also my Dad god bless him had one in his joiners shop he used to let me play on it , I had to stand on an orange box to manage best. Elf and Safety didnt seem to much of an issue then . Then I had a coronet number 1 about thirty years ago didnt much like the twin bed bars or the bloody noisy roller bearings though. That went during a house move I bought the Minor from some bloke for £20 it was pretty beat up and have had to spend some cash with Derek Pyatt to get it going , This is its second rebuild by me , Still short of a saw guard though for the table saw . They are great toys

O M W

Latest posts