Whats my Sage SLT Worth

garrynic

Hi Guys
I was wondering if any of you may be able to give me an idea of what my rod is worth?
Its a Sage SLT 9FT6inch #6 in excellent condition.
I seen one go on e-bay a few weeks ago for what seemed to me to be a fairly high price.
Any advice would be much appreciared
Cheers
Garry

Mrtrout

Hi Guys
I was wondering if any of you may be able to give me an idea of what my rod is worth?
Its a Sage SLT 9FT6inch #6 in excellent condition.
I seen one go on e-bay a few weeks ago for what seemed to me to be a fairly high price.
Any advice would be much appreciared
Cheers
Garry
Dont you like it Garry?
S.

garrynic

Dont you like it Garry?
S.
Its not that Steven (Hope you are staying well)
I honestly dont think im going to use it much, as i would rather spend time on the river.
I have other rods i can use on the ponds so to speak.
If it does sell it may help towards another purchase of a different nature so to speak

Mrtrout

Its not that Steven (Hope you are staying well)
I honestly dont think im going to use it much, as i would rather spend time on the river.
I have other rods i can use on the ponds so to speak.
If it does sell it may help towards another purchase of a different nature so to speak
OK Gary thanks, and you mate, you know my feelings on the SLTs but I’m not sure what the larger rods command price wise?
But it’s still a nice Sage rod and if condition is good with nice tube and sock to match it has to be upwards of £200.
good luck with it.
S.

sean freeman

OK Gary thanks, and you mate, you know my feelings on the SLTs but I’m not sure what the larger rods command price wise?
But it’s still a nice Sage rod and if condition is good with nice tube and sock to match it has to be upwards of £200.
good luck with it.
S.
Do you still have a harem of SLT 486’s Steven and do you want to sell me one if so? 😁

Mrtrout

Do you still have a harem of SLT 486’s Steven and do you want to sell me one if so? 😁
I don’t Sean, I sadly parted with my last one to a very nice chap on here.
Moment of madness, but I did get hold of it’s nearest replacement, the Redington Classic Trout, in 8.6ft #4.
ive only fished it once two days before lockdown.
but I was very impressed, it’s a tad softer than the SLT but I like that.
It’s what I call a proper fishing rod with feel.
S

garrynic

good luck with it.
S.
The condition is more than good steven as is the tube and sock.
Im not too bad mate just getting a bit bored with my stay at home for the next 12 weeks.
Could be worse though
Take care Mate

sean freeman

I don’t Sean, I sadly parted with my last one to a very nice chap on here.
Moment of madness, but I did get hold of it’s nearest replacement, the Redington Classic Trout, in 8.6ft #4.
S
I bought a 486 classic trout for my brother for something like £130 new. It’s a mega rod for the money and I have to say I like it as much as my Sage X in the same configuration! I wish Vision had done a cult in that size, there’s nothing comparable to the cult in their current lineup either.
Apologies to the OP for going off topic. Lovely rod in a desirable size. I’d say list it on here to avoid eBay fees if you do sell it.

Mrtrout

I bought a 486 classic trout for my brother for something like £130 new. It’s a mega rod for the money and I have to say I like it as much as my Sage X in the same configuration! I wish Vision had done a cult in that size, there’s nothing comparable to the cult in their current lineup either.
Apologies to the OP for going off topic. Lovely rod in a desirable size. I’d say list it on here to avoid eBay fees if you do sell it.
I paid £135 delivered in Uttings sale, bargain.
yes stick it on here Gary.
S.

mackiia1

, the Redington Classic Trout, in 8.6ft #4.
S
I have the CT in a 9ft 5wt - lovely rod.
They don't get the credit they deserve .
Really good rod - I can't believe they are so cheap.

Mrtrout

I have the CT in a 9ft 5wt - lovely rod.
They don't get the credit they deserve .
Really good rod - I can't believe they are so cheap.
They relaunched them about three years ago after an outcry, why they stopped making them I don’t know.
a few, including me think after Sage took Redington over they used the SLT/ZXL mandrels for the Classic trout, makes sense really.
I have both and they are very similar actions.
S.

mackiia1

They relaunched them about three years ago after an outcry, why they stopped making them I don’t know.
a few, including me think after Sage took Redington over they used the SLT/ZXL mandrels for the Classic trout, makes sense really.
I have both and they are very similar actions.
S.
I've never used an SLT/ZXL but have heard great things about them.
If the CT is based on them and the action is as similar as you say - then my CT is a bigger bargain than I thought :LOL: