What's the reel part called?

speytime

I'm trying to find the name of the wire star shaped clip that holds the left/right hand wind bearing in place?
I thought a circlip but nope wrong type and I can't find the reel type?
My one sprung out while putting it back in, I heard it hit the heat seamer behind me but I can't find it.

Cheers Al

cammy

Have you googled "fly reel schematics" do mny variations snd what manufacturers might name parts. A photo of said reel and where missing part goes might also help identify it?

speytime

I've thought about trying a magnet but it means clearing a load of stuff out of the way, I heard pinging behind me god knows what direction it went.

I've tried all sorts of wording including the above but I can't find that type of clip?

Thanks Al

4wings

I keep a magnet on a telescopic stick for just such occasions , always useful, you can even get one with a built in torch! (Amazon)
The clip is probably specific to the reel manufacturer, time to look for the prodigal circlip?

speytime

I spotted it myself earlier, I think I can see the black melted piece? It's the tag end, i will wind it to the inside none the less.

I've got they type clip on most fly reels and spinning reels there no unique to anyone afaik?

Al

speytime

Sorry Tdf I didn't, it's a matter of principle I point blank refuse to pay £6+ for a bent piece of wire I can easily make, I've been busy recently but I'll bend a suitable one up or use a regular circlip it's not going to be removed except for service.

Thanks Al

Al, just in case someone else needs them in the future - did you buy one from the link I gave? Did it fit?
Al, just in case someone else needs them in the future - did you buy one from the link I gave? Did it fit?

speytime

For future reference if anyone needs one a piece of stainless works, it's a little thicker than the original one but it works most importantly, just bend it with a pair of long nose pliers. _20200910_131909.JPG
If the reel was precious to me I'd have bought the right one, I paid £23 paying £6 for for a circlip just didn't sit right with me.

Al