Where do you carry yours?

taffy1

I think most anglers carry one just in case, I just wouldn't bother fishing if mine wasn't somewhere close to hand. My waistcoat has a couple of deep pockets at the lower section & a handily placed front "D" ring. The same for my wading jacket. My priest is attached to a landyard which is easily & quickly employed if necessary.

Cam

I have had one in the bottom of my bag for years but cant remember the last time I used it

jaybeegee

Vest pocket but not used for years. Almost, last season when I caught a big stockie that must have been in the river at least two years and was probably a cannibal. I couldn’t do it and back he went.

B

easker1

I used to turn these in various hardwoods for sale , I stopped doing it when I stopped killing fish, I carry one for emergencies ( if the fish has taken the fly right down ) I can't remember the last time I used one
easker1

Overmiwadrers

Rarely kill a fish , in fact cant remember the last but if i had to the end of the wading staff would do fine. Dont fish in stocked rivers....

O M W

wobbly face

In a left pocket of fly vest (it has many pockets) that I use on stillwaters (marrow scoop in a right pocket of fly vest) as I like to take a few stocked rainbows now and then, more so if they've been in the water a good few weeks.

GEK79

I think most anglers carry one just in case, I just wouldn't bother fishing if mine wasn't somewhere close to hand. My waistcoat has a couple of deep pockets at the lower section & a handily placed front "D" ring. The same for my wading jacket. My priest is attached to a landyard which is easily & quickly employed if necessary.
My back pocket of vest I put it in the pocket upside down.. Why tho I've no idea I'm yet to even be graced by a fish that I may have to use it on..

taffy1

I've carried 1 since I first started fishing way back in the early 1960's. Food on the table back then, I haven't raised 1 in anger for any reason for the last 20+ years or more.

Vermontdrifter

Don’t carry one as I use a lanyard and I don’t take fish but I do carry the all metal Swiss Army knife in a pocket so if needs must I have a choice of a blade or the weight of the knife to kill the fish.

Gdog

I have had one in the bottom of my bag for years but cant remember the last time I used it
Exactly the same for me, the last fish I killed was about 7 or 8 years ago, it was hooked in side of the mouth and bleeding.

3lbgrayling

Never need one.
I believe it is the duty of every fly angler to carry an implement to dispatch a fish if required.Even on a C&R water-outing.there will be times when a fish is bleeding so badly it will not survive and should be humanely dispatched. Rather than you looking around for a stick or stone to do the Deed.

Jim

taffy1

I believe it is the duty of every fly angler to carry an implement to dispatch a fish if required.Even on a C&R water-outing.there will be times when a fish is bleeding so badly it will not survive and should be humanely dispatched. Rather than you looking around for a stick or stone to do the Deed.

Jim

Aye, that's the way I was brought up, the old boy scout syndrome "Be Prepared".

taffy1

I should have mentioned I have 2, a light-ish weighted one for trout & a hand-made heavy brass one crafted by an old friend of mine for salmon & sea trout. As I previously posted, neither have seen the light of day for over 20 years. Still look like new.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
I should have mentioned I have 2, a light-ish weighted one for trout & a hand-made heavy brass one crafted by an old friend of mine for salmon & sea trout. As I previously posted, neither have seen the light of day for over 20 years. Still look like new.
Got A framed sterling silver one. A gift for the biggest fish released!
Regards
Bert