Where have they gone?

glas y dorlan

On a daily basis at all hours of the day I am fortunate enough to have a wide variety of birds come to the feeders in the garden. Last few days though, nothing. Not even the dunnock.
The feeders haven’t been touched looking at the levels.
I did some work in the garden recently but finished about two weeks ago and even then they were still coming in when I’d finished.
I had blue tits, coal tits, great tits, long tailed tits, dunnocks, robin, blackbirds, nuthatch and house sparrows.
Any ideas?

wobbly face

I've had similar last few weeks. There are too many cats where I am, I don't think they're the main reason for sudden lack of birds. Still get wood pigeons, magpies and see a few gold finch but seen any black birds (did have them nesting in the hedge at side of back garden, until cats where sat on fence watching them and trying to get into the hedge :mad: ). Only had the odd visit from what were resident dunnocks. Very few sparrows when we had loads. Since the blue tits fledged, not seen any young birds or even the adults.

noel

I had the same issue at my static the feeders are not getting touched and we do get a good variety of bird life there .

bibio1st

They are still about but I believe they lie low recuperating after the efforts of bringing up their young, also there is plenty of natural food for them.

Steve

Wee Jimmy

Come to think of it,the blue tits,great tits and coalies have been missing in my garden for ages now..?

noddy299

Getting a dog brought the birds back to my feeders, the birds realised he wasn't interested in them and also realised he kept the cats away which are the blight around here due to living on an estate

Overmiwadrers

A week or so ago our garden was full like it has been all summer . The garden has seen 3 Blackbird clutches raised . 1 robin Clutch . I wood pigeon and a blue tit clutch a week or so ago everything seemed to fledge at once and for the last week everything has been very quiet but they have just dispersed . The Robin hopped into the kitchen yesterday when we hadnt seen him for a few days. They havent gone far

Latest posts