Which midland reservoir is best for pike?

nwade77

Hi, not been on here for a while as I’ve not really fly fished much for the last 3/4 years however I’m really into pike fishing at the moment mostly dead baiting but I’ve got a fly outfit and really want to make an effort catching them on a fly. I’m on a pike forum but you’re not allowed to name waters which is fair enough with all the poaching etc going on. This forum allows so I’ll ask what’s a good water to start on? I’ve enquired about a days guiding on Eyebrook but it’s £200, don’t mind if it’s a good water but are there better waters? I live in Kettering so plenty to choose from I love Ravensthorpe as a trout water and I’ve personally seen a gigantic pike myself but I’ve been told it’s very hard? Cheers

Rob Edmunds

Ravensthope is very hard, as is Pitsford and Grafham.

Personally I would opt for Rutland or Eyebrook....

You don't need a guide on Eyebrook, just stick to the bottom end from Norris's Dyke and the Willows down to Stoke Dry with a Di3 or Di5 in June and July on Perch patterns or sparklers for best results....this is the shallow end with big weedbeds and where the Pike hold.

Rutland is the top of both arms with Di5's or Di7s.

One from 2 years ago for my mate Pete out of Rutland at 38lb

DSC_0622.JPG

Last edited:

Rob Edmunds

Isn't Cransley course fishing only, and syndicate water ???

I know there were a lot of good Tench in there but not aware it was known as a good Pike water

Latest posts