Who is pretending to be me?

jada0406

I have had great difficulty in logging in to FFF, as the system will not accept my e-mail identity. Even more disturbing is the fact that someone called Guest 21 has 'assumed' that he is the originator of the ''Reading Rivers, Tracing Trout'', which I delivered to FFF in 2009. As a book on reading the water appeared in print this year, very likely the first of its kind, I have another reason for being unhappy -- was my copy used by the author?? Can anyone shed some light here, please? jada0406 aka the infamous Terry Cousin.
PS For the benefit of Admin, with whom I have previously had an excellent relationship, my e-mail address is still:-- d I joined FFF in March 2008, which means I have a lot more threads and posts to my credit than those currently registered .

Last edited:

lhomme

Maybe take it up with admin, jada0406, they might be able to sort out your false alter ego? I'd recognise you anywhere on here as your posts always excel in both great intelligence and experience.

tangled

You really shouldn't publish your email address in public like that. Robots continually 'scrape' forums like this for emails and sell them on to spammers. Best delete it if you don't want a pile of new phishing attacks.

jada0406

You really shouldn't publish your email address in public like that. Robots continually 'scrape' forums like this for emails and sell them on to spammers. Best delete it if you don't want a pile of new phishing attacks.
Thanks for the 'heads up', I got carried away, lost my caution.

ohanzee

Terry, the forum recently changed to a new platform, big change, pics lost and so on, it may be that you are Guest21, as in became a guest at that point but still able to log in as Jada etc.

good to see you :)

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
I have had great difficulty in logging in to FFF, as the system will not accept my e-mail identity. Even more disturbing is the fact that someone called Guest 21 has 'assumed' that he is the originator of the ''Reading Rivers, Tracing Trout'', which I delivered to FFF in 2009. As a book on reading the water appeared in print this year, very likely the first of its kind, I have another reason for being unhappy -- was my copy used by the author?? Can anyone shed some light here, please? jada0406 aka the infamous Terry Cousin.
PS For the benefit of Admin, with whom I have previously had an excellent relationship, my e-mail address is still:-- d I joined FFF in March 2008, which means I have a lot more threads and posts to my credit than those currently registered .
Hi Terry,

I've responded via email but thought I'd respond here too for the benefit of others. From what I can see, 'guest21' is your old account, which was last active in 2012. It was renamed by the administrator at the time and put on hold - this was before my time so I'm not sure why. However, it will be easy for me to sort this out once you let me know what you'd like your username to be, I can just reactivate the account. We'll need to delete 'jada0406' so you only have one account.

Ohanzee - pictures shouldn't have been lost so if there are issues with that let me know and I'll try and get them restored!

Kirsty

arkle

Don't forget that LOTS of picrures were lost when photobucket got taken over & started charging $399 a year to share your own images

ohanzee

Don't forget that LOTS of picrures were lost when photobucket got taken over & started charging $399 a year to share your own images
I have never used a remote place to save pics, just hard drive and some that I had stored in forum albums.

jada0406

Reading trout water, old book.
Cheers for the info regarding the old book, Steve. At the time I first mentioned my intention to post the series on FFF, the response suggested that it was a good idea, because there wasn't much around on the topics I eventually covered, in considerable detail.
You may recall the offer Phil Bailey made to have the series produced in book form, following up on his experience with his booklet on North Country Wet Flies, and how to fish them. Maybe I should have gone down that road; but I just wanted to help newcomers to learn more quickly what took me several seasons to amass, and to do it for free.
TC

jada0406

Hi Terry,

I've responded via email but thought I'd respond here too for the benefit of others. From what I can see, 'guest21' is your old account, which was last active in 2012. It was renamed by the administrator at the time and put on hold - this was before my time so I'm not sure why. However, it will be easy for me to sort this out once you let me know what you'd like your username to be, I can just reactivate the account. We'll need to delete 'jada0406' so you only have one account.

Ohanzee - pictures shouldn't have been lost so if there are issues with that let me know and I'll try and get them restored!

Kirsty
Hi', Kirsty, and thanks for helping with my query. However, I do not recall ever having to sign in to FFF as guest 21. Also, if you check Reading Rivers, you will see that Guest 21 has been a member since May 17, 2006; I joined FFF in March, 2008, on Mr Trout's recommendation. I dropped out for a spell, and returned, eventually, as jada0406. I will alter my user name by inserting 19, as my parents were born in 1904 and 1906, respectively --- if that is OK with you.
I haven't checked my mail today, as I have been too busy in the garden: but thanks again, in advance. Terry Cousin.

jada0406

Maybe take it up with admin, jada0406, they might be able to sort out your false alter ego? I'd recognise you anywhere on here as your posts always excel in both great intelligence and experience.
Hi', and thanks, Johan, you have always been most kind and appreciative of my efforts.

noel

Hi Terry,

Kirsty
Hi Kirsty , did you get anywhere with restoring the Lancsy Lads bunker as we had a lot of photos of our meets and other private info in that . It was lost in the new format . Thank you Noel

Mrtrout

Cheers for the info regarding the old book, Steve. At the time I first mentioned my intention to post the series on FFF, the response suggested that it was a good idea, because there wasn't much around on the topics I eventually covered, in considerable detail.
You may recall the offer Phil Bailey made to have the series produced in book form, following up on his experience with his booklet on North Country Wet Flies, and how to fish them. Maybe I should have gone down that road; but I just wanted to help newcomers to learn more quickly what took me several seasons to amass, and to do it for free.
TC
I still have that little book Terry that Phil did, very interesting.
Didn’t you first Publish your findings in the Herald?, I seem to remember you saying you hoped they wouldn’t mind you putting them on this forum?
I’m sure many newcomers to the sport would have found them very interesting, some good stuff in there.
S.