Wild Trout and Grayling fishing 2021.

G

GEK79

Thought I’d get this in place ready for next week, let’s just hope we can all get out more next year and have a great season.
As always I look forward to reading and seeing the results.
S.
I hope to have some contributions from NW Donegal.. 1st March my first fly will be cast for Brown Trout..
Gary
I look forward to following the updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 38815

Need to source a rod after my nephews damaged my number one rod first for my 2021 season.
And the river levels to drop

Carlos

Luckily being in Zone 3 London I can nip across the road for some coarse fishing in the local lake and when the trout season begins if we are still in lockdown I can tootle down the road for some wild trout fishing in Wandsworth.

Scotty Mitchell

It’ll be the 15th March at the earliest for me.
I have officially retired from fishing in the cold! 😬
Passed up on what could be a cracking Grayling trip today when I looked out and saw snow on the ground. The call was made there and then!

Mrtrout

It’ll be the 15th March at the earliest for me.
I have officially retired from fishing in the cold! 😬
Passed up on what could be a cracking Grayling trip today when I looked out and saw snow on the ground. The call was made there and then!
Be the same for me Scott, fishing for me is taken when the buds are bursting on the trees and life is in the air, standing on a riverbank shaking with cold holds no pleasure anymore.
I used to fish in any weather but age and ailments has brought a halt to that.
I can wait and look forward to a bit of sun on my back and a few rising trout.
Good luck to all this season, I hope we can start meeting up again on the bank.
S.

benisa

Luckily being in Zone 3 London I can nip across the road for some coarse fishing in the local lake and when the trout season begins if we are still in lockdown I can tootle down the road for some wild trout fishing in Wandsworth.
Maybe I am wrong but did think we are all in Tier 4 ? not 3 and are not to go out otherwise would be down on the test as we speak

or can we still go out to play in our own tier ?

seems bit confusing but if only going maybe 2/3 miles would be ok ?

Last edited:

Carlos

Maybe I am wrong but did think we are all in Tier 4 ? not 3 and are not to go out otherwise would be down on the test as we speak

or can we still go out to play in our own tier ?

seems bit confusing but if only going maybe 2/3 miles would be ok ?
Zone 3 travel...... Tier 4 restrictions. I can walk to the coarse lake and pedal to the river, so all within restriction laws.

benisa

Zone 3 travel...... Tier 4 restrictions. I can walk to the coarse lake and pedal to the river, so all within restriction laws.
Sounds good but may change on the 30th way things are going down south

hope not

eddleston123

First day of the Tweed grayling season - This hardy soul was fishing at the footbridge just above Peebles. It was around minus one degree.

The park was busier than Princes Street on a Saturday afternoon, but this angler didn't seem to mind the hoards of walkers crossing the bridge.

He may be on this forum for all I know, If so - how did you get on?

Douglas
gym upper lower split

Mrtrout

I reluctantly ventured out on new years eve with Prolifichare Roger, we fished a section of free water for a few grayling.
It was my intention to do a bit of trotting so took my gear and called in at a place on the way who sells maggots.
Hadnt realised the coarse fishing lake was frozen over and it was shut.
Far too cold to dig for worms and no spade with me I just decided to watch Roger from the bank.
Hells bells it was mighty cold, standing around watching is the worst thing to do, the cold just came up through my boots.
Roger was deep wading in what must have been freezing water, however he managed at least 10 small grayling to the net and lost several more including a lurker that we never got to see, also a very pretty wild brownie was caught and quickly sent on his way.
S.
FA0297D5-1008-4072-95BC-3A0E4126329F.jpeg
79576A8B-F53D-4649-9A73-FD87BD3B9498.jpeg

jaybeegee

I reluctantly ventured out on new years eve with Prolifichare Roger, we fished a section of free water for a few grayling.
It was my intention to do a bit of trotting so took my gear and called in at a place on the way who sells maggots.
Hadnt realised the coarse fishing lake was frozen over and it was shut.
Far too cold to dig for worms and no spade with me I just decided to watch Roger from the bank.
Hells bells it was mighty cold, standing around watching is the worst thing to do, the cold just came up through my boots.
Roger was deep wading in what must have been freezing water, however he managed at least 10 small grayling to the net and lost several more including a lurker that we never got to see, also a very pretty wild brownie was caught and quickly sent on his way.
S.View attachment 34167View attachment 34168
Maybe just as well you couldn’t buy bait Steven....your gentles would have frozen....🤭

B