Wild Trout and Grayling fishing 2021.

lavo85

Well out today and the day started decent, few olives coming off, the very odd fish rising, warmish and a bit of cloud cover.

Tackling up my nymphing rod i discovered i forgot my nymphing leader, had to improvise with maxima but it was a bit of a disaster.

A cold wind soon appeared and a sparse hatch of olives soon disapeared along with any rising fish.

Managed one fish, and it went eerily quiet.

Golf, can i come too?

Attachments

• 3080AEA1-5857-4183-A2ED-FE0FDD0604E5.jpeg
    3080AEA1-5857-4183-A2ED-FE0FDD0604E5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Scotty Mitchell

Well out today and the day started decent, few olives coming off, the very odd fish rising, warmish and a bit of cloud cover.

Tackling up my nymphing rod i discovered i forgot my nymphing leader, had to improvise with maxima but it was a bit of a disaster.

A cold wind soon appeared and a sparse hatch of olives soon disapeared along with any rising fish.

Managed one fish, and it went eerily quiet.

Golf, can i come too?
You can’t join my club if you can catch a fish I’m afraid 🤣

Teme fisher

Several short sessions on the Teme around Eardiston over the last few days, fitting in with family commitments. River low and clear with plenty of hatching fly in the middle of the day. Plenty of oos grayling, a few salmon parr/smolts and one very small trout, all on a dry fly. Successful and pleasing first outings for a self built glass rod and a Maxcatch 6ft 2wt.

Mrtrout

Large Grannom hatch today, literally thousands coming off and flying upstream for hours, but only saw one small fish rise in four hours..
S.

Rhithrogena

One of those days when you wish you hadn’t bothered.
These things are part of it though, aren't they S? Favourite old tackle of mine has the scrapes and scars of service. Every time you use that reel, instead of being sad for the chip, have a smile at the thought of yourself flailing about in the river and put it down to experience!
Rich

Latest posts