Wild Trout and Grayling fishing 2021.

D

Deleted member 90002

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_151957.jpg
    IMG_20210301_151957.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 46

eddleston123

Just back from first session of the year (grayling) -- Blankety Blank - Zilch- Nil -

Having said that, I lost two within the first 30 mins - I suppose that made the blank a little bit annoying.

No excuses today, 10 degrees, river perfect height, light upstream breeze, had the river to myself.

It was good to get out - Tomorrow is another day!

Douglas

eddleston123

Fishing today for grayling (upper tweed) - same result as last Monday - NIL, but hooked and lost two, one was a thumper. Nae luck atall at the moment.

Today, I was warm enough but got soaked to the skin - all my tackle, wading jacket and rucksack are drying out over or next too various radiators in the house, much to my wife's displeasure!!

Waterproof fishing luggage - wading jackets - my backside !!

I'll hope to get at least one more grayling session before the trout fishing season starts.

Douglas

Jason 70

Fishing today for grayling (upper tweed) - same result as last Monday - NIL, but hooked and lost two, one was a thumper. Nae luck atall at the moment.

Today, I was warm enough but got soaked to the skin - all my tackle, wading jacket and rucksack are drying out over or next too various radiators in the house, much to my wife's displeasure!!

Waterproof fishing luggage - wading jackets - my backside !!

I'll hope to get at least one more grayling session before the trout fishing season starts.

Douglas
Isn't today international women's day? You should have asked your wife to hang it all out to dry.

dcb

Took a wander along part of my local river at the weekend. The dog now seems to know the spots where I like to stop and have a good look over the water. Slightly surprised how well the water had cleared and dropped after the recent rapid thaw of lying snow. If it keeps going like this, it could be ideal water conditions for a wee trip out next Monday.

eddleston123

Tomorrow I am hoping to have my last winter grayling fishing session of the year. I know that many forum members will be having their first wild brown trout session of the year, but I still have not captured a grayling and my (personal) grayling season ends on the 15th.

Having said that, I'll just have to wait and see. Too many variables to contemplate at the moment, including a wife who is obsessed with making 'Things to do Lists''

Douglas

eddleston123

Just back from my final winter grayling session of this year.

At last some success. Lost one within the first few minutes, and I thought - here we go again!

Anyway, ended up with two in the net. One a modest 10'' and a fat thumper at 16''
I was happy with that result. I'll now look forward to catching some troot from the 1st April.

Some pics to follow.

Douglas

Upper Tweed grayling have broad shoulders and can get incredibly fat!

Christened my new Wychwood Drift 11' 3# - today - great rod for the money.

Had company today, They swam about my/their pool for at least an hour!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 90002

Just back from my final winter grayling session of this year.

At last some success. Lost one within the first few minutes, and I thought - here we go again!

Anyway, ended up with two in the net. One a modest 10'' and a fat thumper at 16''
I was happy with that result. I'll now look forward to catching a troot from the 1st April.

Some pics to follow.

Douglas

Upper Tweed grayling have broad shoulders and can get incredibly fat!

Christened my new Wychwood Drift 11' 3# - today - great rod for the money.

Had company today, They swam about my/their pool for at least an hour!
Seems like and enjoyable day lad.. Well done..

sean freeman

I got out for two hours around lunchtime today, main river was coming through fast with a fair bit of colour so after half an hour of flogging a dead horse I decided to head up a trib I’d fished last year, it’s not prolific but there’s usually a good fish to be had.

It too was carrying a bit of colour and I probably only fished it for half an hour and spent the rest of the time clambering and slipping on rocks etc. I bumped a few fish nymphing, lost one and caught one a few casts later, probably the smallest fish I’ve had from this stream but after months of not seeing a trout it was a welcome sight. With it being so slow going I jacked it in after avoiding a blank. I just enjoyed being out tbh!

13BCE08A-7016-40CE-B6CA-771F518E59DB.jpeg