Wild Trout and Grayling fishing 2021.

Dominikk85

Had loads of trout nymphing yesterday again.Very bright sunshine most of the day.I was fishing fast pocket water.Caught very well despite the weather.Nothing really big.The biggest I dropped at the net around 2lb.Stocking up on black magic nymphs with 2mm beads.Starting to give my black magic nymphs a black wire rib now.Catching so many fish these days they are getting ripped to shreds fast.Still picking up a few grayling.I imagine the grayling will have layed there eggs by now.Probably go again tomorrow.The weather looks like it's sunshine again.The deeper drop-offs should produce.Will target another section of river though.Don't like pressuring the same fish.Cheers all
Nice fish. I also love nymphs with CDC, I also catch a lot with my go to CDC nymph.

Not sure whether it really is the cdc but I feel it catches better if you tie in a bit of cdc.

rabmax

Fishing was hopeless this morning. Caught a couple & dropped a couple.The rivers are getting desperately low again.The rivers went chocolate milkshake colour.Needs a downpour to clear it out.Came home & wen't to the beach.Beach again tomorrow as it's scorching again.Thursday clouds & rain i think.

smallmouth

I haven’t fished the river since my opener on a snowy day in early April, I’ve been fishing the reservoir instead.

First I blamed it on the freezing drought, then weekend after weekend of high water, then waiting for spring weather, then for the early season enthusiasts to dwindle.

However, against my better judgement, (Bank Holiday, glorious weather forecast), I went yesterday. Prospecting with an Adams style parachute wasn’t the best option, but it was what I wanted to do, so......

The day started well enough, the river looked in fine fettle, and so did my first solid little brownie out of a difficult spot.

Avoiding other anglers soon saw me on the least favoured, hard to access, treacherous wading, stretch. I came a cropper here last year and sure enough in possibly the same spot, I measured my length again, falling heavily in a couple of foot of water. Deciding this was a good time to visit the car for my flask and sausage roll, I turned and slipped on the next available boulder, resulting in another heavy landing, shoulder first on to the rocks.

An hour in the sun and I was dry enough and didn’t feel too bruised, so headed upstream, taking a short cut down an aggregate path through some undergrowth.

I must’ve blundered near a bee nest and had to run for it. Being hampered in waist waders, I tripped and fell, skinning both hands badly, though at least I wasn’t stung badly. Fortunately I always have a bottle of clean water in the boot and the first aid kit that came with the car got used for the first time.

My right hand is a hell of a mess and I’ve a fair collection of bruises. Three falls and a submission to the river.......
8F012BA2-8509-4446-8E4F-D915C22AE1D3.jpeg

Last edited:

icaughtafishonce

First fish of the year on the dry fly on the Usk. Fairly large white wulff after only about 20 minutes or so. Nice way to spend a couple of hours in the evening. Only got round to convincing myself to leave the house around 20:10. By the time I'd got kitted up, walked down, and got ready it was close to 21:00, first fish came around 21:15. Decent sized fish (forearmish) and I tried a tactic I'd read about which was keeping side pressure on, which worked amazingly well, the fish stayed down and if I actually had a net, I reckon it would have just gone straight in. As it was I had some shenanigans getting it to hand. But it wasn't till I put the tip up that I got some trashing around. I'm going to have to get a net soon. Then I'd actually get the odd photo. Lovely sunset on the walk home across the meadow full of buttercups.

heero

Nothing really to write home about this spring. Been catching fish, but it’s been and average - mundane, really - spring.

Good day out this past weekend, tho.

Fished the big lake. Caught 4 in an hour, give or take. Planned to fish longer, but after the 4th nice fish that felt good enough. 4 fish is typically a good tally for the day here let alone an hour. Went for a walk down the beach, sat in the sand reflecting a while, then drove home.

Biggest was 23-24”, barely fit in my net. Others 18-20”. Took pics of two - the big one and another I thought had nice color.

D7E0A54A-B0E1-48C8-A68D-6C7C0A066047.jpeg

C81AA277-4FE5-4A07-BEB8-1C5DB748C1FF.jpeg

Big one, not the best pics:

1586CB33-5E3B-46F0-A7EE-AF0EA1F625CD.jpeg

69DB81AC-3A8E-4655-8A0C-C25E07DD510F.jpeg

GEK79

Nothing really to write home about this spring. Been catching fish, but it’s been and average - mundane, really - spring.

Good day out this past weekend, tho.

Fished the big lake. Caught 4 in an hour, give or take. Planned to fish longer, but after the 4th nice fish that felt good enough. 4 fish is typically a good tally for the day here let alone an hour. Went for a walk down the beach, sat in the sand reflecting a while, then drove home.

Biggest was 23-24”, barely fit in my net. Others 18-20”. Took pics of two - the big one and another I thought had nice color.

View attachment 39813

View attachment 39814

Big one, not the best pics:

View attachment 39815

View attachment 39816
Some wonderful looking water and great looking fish. 👍👍

eddleston123

Had a short two hour session today on a tributary of the Tweed (Lyne water). This is a small fish water with the trout averaging around 7-8''. A 12'' fish being something to talk about. I ended up with a couple of its small residents, and missed a few rises. It was a nice day to be fishing.

Usually at this time of year the Lyne is on 'fire' and it would not be unusual to get into double figures - but not today. I still think things are a wee bit behind up my way. I'll give it another cast in a couple of weeks time.

Douglas

1622730151892.png
[url=https://postimg.cc/zLw4z1N8] [url=https://postimg.cc/5XV3xQ2Q] [/URL]
https://postimg.cc/VrcZpZ0p
[/URL]

Last edited:

Latest posts