Fly Fishing Forum banner
761 - 780 of 1,414 Posts
Fished reservoir today. Felt like 30mph wind. An enjoyable enough day though, with 3 small trout.

I was slightly p#ssed off with evidence of people camping recently and another two tents today. I'm just hoping that the word doesn't get out amongst the 'wild camping' community - That would then be the baw bust for this beautiful place.

Douglas

Picture taken from the dam, sorry you will need to look close - Earlier they had a fire going which almost looked like the woods were on fire!

Evidence of further camping down the same bank.

I didn't pick up any litter today - but I suspect I'll have my work cut out next visit!

Fished reservoir today. Felt like 30mph wind. An enjoyable enough day though, with 3 small trout.

I was slightly p#ssed off with evidence of people camping recently and another two tents today. I'm just hoping that the word doesn't get out amongst the 'wild camping' community - That would then be the baw bust for this beautiful place.

Douglas

Picture taken from the dam, sorry you will need to look close - Earlier they had a fire going which almost looked like the woods were on fire!

Evidence of further camping down the same bank.

I didn't pick up any litter today - but I suspect I'll have my work cut out next visit!
Glad you enjoyed your day.. Set fire to the tents. Stay safe lad..

A change of plan for me today, was going to fish a club reservoir with the rivers being low and clear but with the wind blowing up thought I'd chance it on the mixed fish river that I'd not been on for a month or so, not really expecting much but it fished surprisingly well, did start on the dry but soon changed for the nymphs and didn't look back, 10 trout from the lower section and 12 from the top stretch with a early grayling also, had to stop 3 Japanese guys from spinning on the top section as I was walking down to start :rolleyes:, a fly fishing only stretch.
A couple of the better ones.
Watch Salmon-like fish Fish Fisherman Seafood

Salmon-like fish Fish Fisherman Watch Staple food

Steve

A change of plan for me today, was going to fish a club reservoir with the rivers being low and clear but with the wind blowing up thought I'd chance it on the mixed fish river that I'd not been on for a month or so, not really expecting much but it fished surprisingly well, did start on the dry but soon changed for the nymphs and didn't look back, 10 trout from the lower section and 12 from the top stretch with a early grayling also, had to stop 3 Japanese guys from spinning on the top section as I was walking down to start :rolleyes:, a fly fishing only stretch.
A couple of the better ones.
View attachment 40161
View attachment 40162

Steve
Sometimes a change of plan works seems your did.. Sounds like a good day.. Lovely fish. Well done for stopping the spinning. ??

A couple of hours during the heat of the day on the Teme at Eardiston yesterday. One small oos grayling to the net, a couple of fish pricked but very few fish rising. Last of the mayfly coming off in dribs and drabs but not enough to induce feeding. The water was as low as in April (0.64 at the Tenbury gauge) but lacking the clarity it had then. Ideally I would have stayed until the evening but needed to head home to get ready for the week.
A few wild swimmers were also enjoying the river, the bend below the mill at Eardiston is getting more popular.

14 or so mile (roundtrip) walk up to 10k' Sunday. Still cold, lake half frozen. Did not catch any, didnt really put in much effort. More concerning is that I was able to make it up here before the middle of June without having to step thru a single drift or pile of snow. The mountains are going to burn this summer - cleansing fire, circle of life.

Going to get serious about fishing a few lakes in the coming weeks. Before the inferno starts.

Sky Plant Plant community Mountain Natural landscape

Water Sky Water resources Mountain Ecoregion

Water Sky Mountain Water resources Plant

Water Sky Mountain Natural landscape Lake

14 or so mile (roundtrip) walk up to 10k' Sunday. Still cold, lake half frozen. Did not catch any, didnt really put in much effort. More concerning is that I was able to make it up here before the middle of June without having to step thru a single drift or pile of snow. The mountains are going to burn this summer - cleansing fire, circle of life.

Going to get serious about fishing a few lakes in the coming weeks. Before the inferno starts.

View attachment 40234

View attachment 40233

View attachment 40232

View attachment 40231
Its a shame my friend that we have destroyed this.. Be safe when fishing..

Its a shame my friend that we have destroyed this.. Be safe when fishing..
The forest fires are natural. They are less frequent now than they would be without 100 years of fire mitigation, but they are more intense when they start up due to all the accumulated fuel because 100 years of fire mitigation (since it doesnt burn on more frequent, natural cycles).

761 - 780 of 1,414 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.