Wild Trout and Grayling fishing 2021.

GraylingFin

A few fish from the last outing. Fished for about 6 hours, ended up with 10 trouts and 2 graylings. Mixed sizes but one of the graylings was a whopper and the biggest trout was 18", both caught on a dry sedge pattern. The rest were on nymphs.
I've noticed better insect activity than last week and although fish are not rising consistently I think it is getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_142431.jpg
    IMG_20210617_142431.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210617_142409.jpg
    IMG_20210617_142409.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210617_142301.jpg
    IMG_20210617_142301.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210617_142349.jpg
    IMG_20210617_142349.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46

Mrtrout

Had the last few hours on the local river tonight, a few nice fish showing.
Its desperately low and clear so you have to sit still and wait, at 10.30 pm exactly I fooled this beauty on a spent spinner one of my own tyings, which is always a bonus, then walking back to the car I watched and videoed a barn owl hunting on the meadow, all in all a very pleasant evening.
6CA58558-405B-4322-97C1-36EA6DAD7C6D.jpeg

Cam

Nice fish !!

Was that up near the caravan?

I am planning a few hours up there later today !!

Cam

GEK79

Its desperately low and clear so you have to sit still and wait, at 10.30 pm exactly I fooled this beauty on a spent spinner one of my own tyings, which is always a bonus, then walking back to the car I watched and videoed a barn owl hunting on the meadow, all in all a very pleasant evening.
View attachment 40309
Amazing fish and seeing the Barn owl hunting what a way to finish a great evening.. Well done Mrtrout

Last edited:

jaybeegee

Amazing fish and seeing the Barn owl hunting what a way to finish a great evening.. Well done Mrtrout
View attachment 40309
Lovely fish Steven.
B

eddleston123

Had a short session on a border stream. Fished a dry parachute - Four fish, all sub 10'' - It seems a long time since I caught a decent sized trout - although there is no shortage of thumpers on here recently. I'm definitely jealous!

Tomorrow is another day!

Douglas

That's the size I seem to be catching lately - I think I will have a couple of evening sessions, see if I can bring something a bit bigger up!

Rivers now getting low - and fish getting a bit spooky- A good downpour would definitely help.

The banks are alive with colour at the moment - seems to have happened all of a sudden - Nice to see.

Meadow Cranesbill in the shade of Broom

Last edited:

bibio1st

About 4 years ago in early March I spotted one hunting in the early afternoon at a local still water, close to me, back and fourth along the bank for 30 mins and a couple of weeks later the same thing happened at Stocks reservoir, a lovely sight, the only other times I get a glimpse of one is when they flash past in the evening and are gone before you realise what’s happened.

Steve

boisker

I went to a small river early this morning as I wanted to be back for the first rugby semi-final...
a few years ago the landowner did some bank work that although it knocked the river back for a couple of years, it has provided some great habitat now it’s settled in... what was wide and shallow is now deeper and willow lined..
I’d nearly fished back to the top of the beat when an old boy popped up and in a very friendly manner pointed out “there’s no fish in there boy, shame it used to hold loads of fish when I was a lad....” and went onto to tell me i was unfortunately wasting my time....
he nearly fell over when I happily pointed out I’d had 15 trout, largest about 1 & 1/4 lb and 2 about 1/2lb... he went home really chuffed as he had lived in the valley and walked by the river all his life... nice start to the day...