''Wild Trout & Grayling Fishing 2020''

eddleston123

Looks a tasty piece of water mebu.

I bet that the people who live in the houses overlooking this stretch don't fish!!

How handy would that be - 'How long will the tea be luv' - about 15 minutes - that's fine I should be back by then!

Douglas

The Squire

My best of 7 or 8 grayling from the Dove yesterday afternoon. I decided to go just after lunch having not intended fishing over the weekend as I thought conditions would be grim, just shows that sometimes going for it is the right answer! I was on the back of two quite tough sessions and was pleased to catch it right as I was on the verge of a confidence whack. I'd changed my setup a bit to a conventional fly line, two nymphs and an indicator but having pondered it since it was probably more to do with the fish being on the munch.

DSCN0720 - Edited.jpg

Overmiwadrers

Noticed some discussion on here about small stream rods the Orvis 6ft superfine carbon being like spaghetti ? well my spaghetti managed this one out from a fast run and under tight tree cover today and on a 3lb tippet I handled it well the other rod is a little cane job for dries

Last edited:

boisker

1st day in the Frome since early Oct...
river was carrying a little bit of colour which was a shame as it made it impossible to spot and sight fish the large Grayling the Frome is famous for...
I had a hell of a job avoiding OS browns, didn’t matter what I did, varying water type and ringing the changes in nymph type and colour... I still kept picking up Browns.
eventually I lifted into a huge lump deep in a pool... I didn’t even see it for 10 mins, every time I worked it towards the tail of the pool it would slowly and powerfully move back into the depths...
eventually I got it up to the surface... another bl@@dy brown, I would have put my house on it being a Grayling, the power and slow drives back into the deep just felt like a Grayling..
gutted, the brown was between 3.5-4lb it would have beaten my grayling pb:(
stunning wild fish though.., Where was it in late September when I fished the end of the trout season!