Wildlife camera advice needed

scott1967

As above I’m looking for some advice for my small club (Hutton Rudby Fly Fishing Club)
we have had several sightings of mink and are now looking to purchase a wildlife camera
well need to be able to move it around as there’s several miles of river
any advice on what to look for makes and models would be a great help

scott

boorod

As above I’m looking for some advice for my small club (Hutton Rudby Fly Fishing Club)
we have had several sightings of mink and are now looking to purchase a wildlife camera
well need to be able to move it around as there’s several miles of river
any advice on what to look for makes and models would be a great help

scott
I take it your talking about ! Trail Cameras! as you say you want to move it around, I f your looking for a decent one which isnt going to break the bank, have a look at the Meidase Trail Cam, (Amazon) 30mgp and 4k video I got one after one of mine got lifted, "one off the hazzards with them unfortunatly," and picture quality is good compaired to my others, and only takes a short while to download to social media etc. for less than £60 cant be all bad

4wings

I bought an Amazon offer trail cam at £30 it is really quite good but uses eight AA batteries, I am currently watching my hedgehog hotel, trying to determine what critters are around.
Currently one active hog and one that starts making eerie noises if we disturb it, oh! and a mouse!
I think it was called a Victure?
IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited:

bobfly2

Should you spend money on a mink trap instead then there will be some wildlife left to film later ... ? 🤔

bobfly2

Setting a few mink traps might result in more mink than expected and be generally beneficial.

4wings

I was asked if paw prints around a watercourse were Mink or Otter (which are protected of course)
Being only an amateur I could only say that Mink paw prints are smaller and can be covered by a £2.00 piece, Otter prints are bigger and a different shape. Wildlife people put out trays of soft clay
to get samples of prints.

Latest posts