Wychwood chest pack/rucksack

the osprey

Evening folks,

Looking at a chest pack/rucksack combo, I like the look of this one, but have queries about the Capacity of the rucksack And what it will hold? I plan to have a heavy rain jacket and a hoodie that I’d like to be able to store In the rucksack area!

Any help is appreciated!

teeser

Evening folks,

Looking at a chest pack/rucksack combo, I like the look of this one, but have queries about the Capacity of the rucksack And what it will hold? I plan to have a heavy rain jacket and a hoodie that I’d like to be able to store In the rucksack area!

Any help is appreciated!

I don't think it's big enough nice enough kit though looks a it like a William Joseph lookalike

mac 10

Hi,

I've got this. Love it. Tons of room. Comes in two sizes. Med is a 15L backpack and large is 25l. I've got the large. I can fit everything I need for a full day on the river in it. I carry an extra warm layer like a fleece, a waterproof jacket, a flask, lunch and water in it no problem.

Loads of pockets and pouches on the front for fly boxes, tippet, accessories etc. Waterproof cover included as well.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

Scotty Mitchell

I've no experience of the Wychwood one, but I do have the Airflo mentioned above, 25 litre. It's a good bit of kit for a full day out and is pretty much bombproof.
To be honest watching the Wychwood video theirs isn't as good a set up and has much less room.
I'm never happy with carrying systems and can find fault with most. The problem with the Airflo one is that it won't withstand a proper highland rain shower.
I have ended up with a 30l Lomo dry pack for such conditions, in which I carry a front only chest pack to then use at the water.

PaulD

Whenever I'm out for a full day, often in remote locations when the weather may be variable and food needs to be taken, I use a Fishpond 'Wildhorse' pack. Very comfortable, huge capacity . . .

Damo

Hi,

I´ve got the Wychwood you´re looking at. I like it a lot but I don´t think there´d be room in the back for a jacket and fleece. It has a bit more storage than a standard vest but nowhere near as much as a dedicated rucksack.

I also have the Fishpond Wildhorse, which has loads of space but is much pricier. Maxcatch do a rip-off version of the Wildhorse, no idea what it´s like but might be worth a punt.

Cheers,

Damian F

the osprey

Thanks for your input folks, the airflo and fishpond vest looks quite bulky? I try to travel as light as possible, here in Scotland the weather changes in what seems like an instant, the chest pack part looks like it would do me fine on the wychwood, really need that space for extra clothing!

I think I’ll wait till my local tackle shop is open, I’m sure If I ask nicely 🙃 they’d allow me to try fit in my gear before I buy!

Kind regards!

webblade

Also have a look at the Snowbee Vest Backpack. I have one and it's a fantastic bit of kit, I'm coming from a sling pack and I love the simplicity of the Snowbee better.

qetu

Evening folks,

Any help is appreciated!

have this chest pack,really like it,I can stow my Hardy EWS lightweight wading jacket in the back pack with other items.I changed to this type as my SKB backpack combo was leading to me carrying too much gear.IF you are interested in my SKB you can have it for £15.