Wychwood RS Vs Vision Onki

Danguta

Banned
Banned
Vision onki is a fantastic rod. I can't see why anyone would not be a fan of the colour. Better than the ubiquitous black rods. It's a plant green colour and blends in with the natural environment. Case in point I put it on the short grassy bank side the other day and was amazed how camouflaged it was. Basically disappeared! Maybe I'm an biased because my favourite colour is green, being a lover of the natural world.
Anyway the action is lovely. Such a super responsive rod that comes alive. Ive got a 6 weight and yet it basically handles like a crisp 3 or 4 weight rod. I had a decade old Grey's X flite and cast that alongside it and was astonished at the difference. Oh yes rods have advanced!

geo4316

I have just noticed this thread, i have both the wychwood rs2 in a 10’7wt and the Onki in a 10’6wt. I love both rods & would recommend either. I really like the colour of the Onki, the action of both rods is medium fast i would say with the RS2 maybe a little slower but once used to it its a great casting rod. The cork on the RS2 is slightly better.

Danguta

Banned
Banned
Funnily enough I was considering a 10 ft 7 weight wychwood rs2 as a seatrout rod to replace my X flite which just seems heavy and dead action now. ( Yet was a popular rod about a decade or so ago ). The rs2 rods seem very reasonably priced and I like a more mid action rod. Are they lightweight?
I have just noticed this thread, i have both the wychwood rs2 in a 10’7wt and the Onki in a 10’6wt. I love both rods & would recommend either. I really like the colour of the Onki, the action of both rods is medium fast i would say with the RS2 maybe a little slower but once used to it its a great casting rod. The cork on the RS2 is slightly better.

geo4316

Funnily enough I was considering a 10 ft 7 weight wychwood rs2 as a seatrout rod to replace my X flite which just seems heavy and dead action now. ( Yet was a popular rod about a decade or so ago ). The rs2 rods seem very reasonably priced and I like a more mid action rod. Are they lightweight?
Yes its lightweight & has a nice medium fast action, the cork is good quality it comes in an aluminium tube. I use mine for stillwater trout fishing but although its a 7wt its light enough to fish all day with no problems. Cracking rod

Danguta

Banned
Banned
Yes its lightweight & has a nice medium fast action, the cork is good quality it comes in an aluminium tube. I use mine for stillwater trout fishing but although its a 7wt its light enough to fish all day with no problems. Cracking rod
That was the one fault with the Onki in that the cork handle was poor and filler already coming out after a month! To be fair, I contacted guideline and they sent me out a new bottom section straight away.

geo4316

That was the one fault with the Onki in that the cork handle was poor and filler already coming out after a month! To be fair, I contacted guideline and they sent me out a new bottom section straight away.
The cork on my Onki is still fine after a couple of seasons, the RS2 seems better although i use the 6wt Onki more often

Latest posts