Yarn indicators

spudgun

Try looking for Alpaca birds nest filling. I got a packet from ebay, but I looked the other day and it's gone up in price. Small pack is a lifetime supply for you and your mates.
Cheers

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

4wings

Would one of these do the job?
View attachment 32007View attachment 32007
Baiting Needles around £3
Just another handy tool A captive spring hook, if you can find one, also useful for holding flies to be photographed.

Last edited:

rabmax

That can't be much more than a mile from my house.I will contact them & see if they will sell me a bit to try.Maybe a cream/white colour for fly wings.I can see Ivory coloured polypropylene.Be interesting to see how it compaires with polypropylene.Cheers

Paul_B

That can't be much more than a mile from my house.I will contact them & see if they will sell me a bit to try.Maybe a cream/white colour for fly wings.I can see Ivory coloured polypropylene.Be interesting to see how it compaires with polypropylene.Cheers
I use the black a lot for my drys as the fluorocarbon leader can sink but the fly doesn't :)

plus chop it up a bit and it makes good dubbing,

Cooperman

I believe alpaca wool has hollow fibres so should be very buoyant. I need to make some checks but please pm me as I have access to large supplies of brown or natural colour, I’m sure will be cheaper than the commercially available sheep’s wool.