Yorkshire pike

xionc83

First time fishing since September

River Swale

Last edited:

mart_s

Nice fish that, still haven't had one on the fly from the swale but only fished it the once and everywhere was hard work that day

duncanp

I really should probably head out to the canal and try some luck with the streamers, absolutely no knowledge about it at all though... Am Sheffield based, there's plenty of canal to go at!

lee71

Some nice pike in there or there was 10 years back, my mate pulled a nice 18lb er from the area at the back of the retail park and had plenty of 4-7lb ers as well .:thumbs:

pikeman2210

'83, looks like something has had a go at your fish in the past. Too cold for me at the moment. I'm waiting for Spring to go for trout where there aren't many trout but catch pike by accident :)
Regards
Stephen

- - - Updated - - -

'83, looks like something has had a go at your fish in the past. Too cold for me at the moment. I'm waiting for Spring to go for trout where there aren't many trout but catch pike by accident :)
Regards
Stephen

markemark21

What set up do you guys use fly, tracer , leader then line

Or fly tracer then line??

Jason 70

What set up do you guys use fly, tracer , leader then line

Or fly tracer then line??

Mark,

Not a Yorkshire angler but one based in the SE. Pike fly line, connected to around 5/6 feet of 25lbs Rio Saltwater Tippet on the end of this a wire trace of about 12/14 inches. Looking forward to getting out over the weekend and by Christ it's looking wet, but fingers crossed.

markemark21

Mark,

Not a Yorkshire angler but one based in the SE. Pike fly line, connected to around 5/6 feet of 25lbs Rio Saltwater Tippet on the end of this a wire trace of about 12/14 inches. Looking forward to getting out over the weekend and by Christ it's looking wet, but fingers crossed.
I'm in the south east aswell where do you go I'm gonna try my luck on the medway in tonbridge

Jason 70

I'm in the south east aswell where do you go I'm gonna try my luck on the medway in tonbridge

Mark,

Not the Kent rivers mainly Surrey and Berkshire, I'm a little cards close to my chest when it comes to naming Pike venues as pressure is often the death knell of good fishing.

markemark21

Mark,

Not the Kent rivers mainly Surrey and Berkshire, I'm a little cards close to my chest when it comes to naming Pike venues as pressure is often the death knell of good fishing.
Secret squirrel I understand mate no worrys