Yorkshire Waters

Paul G

Pro Member
Don't know for sure first hand at the moment - but there is more "grayling-y" water in Strid Wood than areas around the Abbey.

DrRob

Very true I always used to have great grayling days below Harrison's Ford where the wooden seat is carved out of an old tree. Paul are you the chap I spoke to on the wild trout trust stand at trentham gardens if so my offer of a guest ticket up at Burnsall still stands.

royvs

Hi Phjl,

I took a stonking Grayling the time we were there, in the fast water upstream from the stepping stones, before the bend. The run below that looks as if it should hold them but I didn't fish it.

spidersplus

Dr. Rob,

I also have a superb days fishing when I buy a day ticket for your beat of the Wharfe ... especially at Loup Scar!

Will take a few hours off one day next week and try it again.

Roy, Tried that bend to start with - the river seemed rather barren!

Kind regards

DrRob

Phil,
Let me know if you fancy a guest day at Burnsall next week as I'm off work all next bar Wednesday. Did you get the hooks?

spidersplus

Dr Dob,

I'd love to have a day out - thank you very much!

Will call to agree a day.

Yes - received the hooks and your letter - you obviously didn't receive my email replying ... will send it again.

Kind regards

sedgeking

Calder Ladies

Hi guys:D

Cant resist one last post before I FINALLY go into hospital tomorrow(now where's that smily for a sh@ting dog when you want it).

Bumped into Calder Junkie yesterday afternoon, as we both tackled up,with the Calder running high and clear.
Still lots of leaves but it didn't stop either of us having a terrific 2-3 hrs. CJ ending with a dozen or so on wets/nymphs...and I with a gratifying 6 all on dry sedge working the margins:D

Nice to meet you for the first time CJ:confused:;)......:D:D

Paul G

Pro Member
Very true I always used to have great grayling days below Harrison's Ford where the wooden seat is carved out of an old tree. Paul are you the chap I spoke to on the wild trout trust stand at trentham gardens if so my offer of a guest ticket up at Burnsall still stands.

Yeah, that's me. I look forward to taking you up on your kind offer!

royvs

Very best with the hospitalisation, Ian. See you again soon, I hope.

Calder Junky

hello Sedgeking

Nice to put a face to the name Ian. Hope all go's well for you this week and its not too long before you're up and at em again:D:D

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow while i'm basking in the winter sun, b*llock deep in a nicely falling Calder while dancing with YOUR ladies.;)

Tight ones fella.

CJ

spidersplus

Had three hours on the Wharfe today - bought a day ticket for the Burnsall stretch and fished from the Red Lion up river to the sus' bridge and back.

Did not see a single fish - the wind was rather strong so this may have been putting them down - nowt on the dry or the nymph so another blank. Thought I might have seen fish at Loup Scar but nothing showing.

Water levels look good but still could not find the fish!

Anyone had any luck recently on the Wharfe?

Kind regards

johntyzack

FAO Sedgeking

How's it going Ian?

You must have had the op by now... Hope all went well and you are on the road to recovery... Let me know when you feel up to a spot of line-wetting and I will sort it for you!

Thought, in the meantime, you might like to know what you're missing... ;)

Popped over to your river earlier on as I have clients there tomorrow - just for a recce you understand... ;)

Had about 40 minutes fishing in the gorgeous wintery sunshine at the end of the afternoon. The river looked spot on. Low and clear with odd sporadic olives trundling downstream, and occasionally being snaffled...

Started on spiders and had a nice grayling on a waterhen bloa, but only having lost the first four or five fish in play :confused:

A switch to the dry fly was what was required and I proceeded to catch a shedload on CDC olives. 25th November and they are still rising in the calm stuff away from the wind... :D:D:D

Anyway pal, get well soon!!!

JT

sedgeking

All's well...in the Calder too...apparently

Hi JT:D

Thanks for the report....to cheer me up:D:D

A switch to the dry fly was what was required and I proceeded to catch a shedload
.......never one to pass on a golden opportunity:rolleyes:;)....even if if it's not so apparent:p

I'm up and mobile again now and with a little intensive physio should be off "looking over bridges" as quick as possible........but you aint:eek: taking no photo's of me being towed up the Calder in a rubber ring :p:D:D:D:D

It's when decorum and my new bionic leg let me......or my mind explodes

royvs

Ian,

Delighted all appears to have gone well..look forward to seeing you, probably at JTs next bash in April..if the Credit Crunch ain't got me permanently:(

johntyzack

Correction:

Ian,

Delighted all appears to have gone well..look forward to seeing you, probably at JTs next bash in April..if the Credit Crunch ain't got me permanently:(

JT's next bash in FEBRUARY... watch the usual space... ;)

johntyzack

Up-cheering - a speciality of mine

Hi JT:D

Thanks for the report....to cheer me up:D:D

.......never one to pass on a golden opportunity:rolleyes:;)....even if if it's not so apparent:p

I'm up and mobile again now and with a little intensive physio should be off "looking over bridges" as quick as possible........but you aint:eek: taking no photo's of me being towed up the Calder in a rubber ring :p:D:D:D:D

It's when decorum and my new bionic leg let me......or my mind explodes

Two relative novice grayling fishers on the river with me today Ian...

39 fish between them to 40cm... :eek:

Hope the mind stays unexploded for a few more minutes :D If not, dust off that rubber ring...