You know you're getting old when...

running bear

North County Dublin, but always a South Down man
This last year I've had to start wearing reading glasses and to be fair I am back enjoying fly tying, however, tonight I've done something I've never even previously contemplated. While completing my order with John Norris, I added not one, but two, of their tattersall shirts.

What is next? Dubbing this ear hair i never had before? Maybe wearing my tilley hat round the supermarket?

G

guest54

This last year I've had to start wearing reading glasses and to be fair I am back enjoying fly tying, however, tonight I've done something I've never even previously contemplated. While completing my order with John Norris, I added not one, but two, of their tattersall shirts.

What is next? Dubbing this ear hair i never had before? Maybe wearing my tilley hat round the supermarket?
Oh ho, wait till you wake up with a 3" hair growing out of the top of your ear, it wasn't there last night. :madgrin:
Question?, do your ears and nose get bigger as you age or does the rest of you shrink. :doh:
Nose hair, what's going on there?, too long to fit in an elephants trunk never mind your nose.:der:
Chest hair starts to migrate, to your neck, back, but not your head. :sad:

3lbgrayling

Ha Ha.Got that medal.And as for Bumbles hair.I started out like a Gorilla.and it's just got worse.Except for my head.:eek:mg:Never warned me about this at school.:eek:hno:

Jim

original cormorant

Laat week found myself explaining to 5 year old granddaughter that everyone has nasal hair not only contra dust but also flies and other insects.

ohanzee

I was in the supermarket last week and three teenage girls got out of a car next to me then walked around behind, one didn't take her eyes off her phone the whole way, I overheard the one beside her say..get this.. 'watch that old guy's car' then a dull thud as she walked into the tow bar:D

3lbgrayling

I was in the supermarket last week and three teenage girls got out of a car next to me then walked around behind, one didn't take her eyes off her phone the whole way, I overheard the one beside her say..get this.. 'watch that old guy's car' then a dull thud as she walked into the tow bar:D
It's the end of the world as we know it(or some such 70's pop song)and I feel Fine.

True.

Jim

Last edited:

ohanzee

It's the end of the world as we know it(or some such 70's pop song)

True.

Jim
It might be my imagination but when I was young it seemed important to at least try and not look like you were stupid, young people today seem quite comfortable with being vacuous, its like the age of maturity has shifted a few years.

splinters

A girl on telly yesterday was discussing the effect of the BoE rate increase.
She finished off by saying that 'back in history' people paid up to 18% on their mortgages.
I'm not just old, I'm historical.

S.

Tommy Ruffe

They can keep their mobile phones, tats, piercings and split tongues (the old uns thought we were outrageous wearing flares). These are the generations that largely voted to Remain. :eek:hno:

G

guest54

You know your getting old when you head for the toilet and have to decide whether to stand or sit, getting it wrong can be embarrassing. :eek:mg:

ohanzee

You know your getting old when you head for the toilet and have to decide whether to stand or sit, getting it wrong can be embarrassing. :eek:mg:
At least when you go to the toilet its one room you remember what you went in for:eek:mg:

minstrel

I was trying to get over a style and two young girls from a family who were out walking asked me if I needed any help. I told them it was just old age and thanked them.

fredaevans

When you no longer have to ask about 'Sr. Discounts.':eek:mg:

'Meals on Wheels' or good frozen TV dinners ... cooking for one (not counting the Dog) is a pain in the butt.

When you hear: "But you don't look that old."

Etc

fae

Last edited:

Latest posts